Buttkicker, Banana and Oculus Rift.

10 hours ago, fruitbat said:

Buttkicker and banana should never be in the same thread title. 

That aside, other than a piece of sound software, what is banana and its particular relevance to VR?

The problem is I have a USB headset, OR, and an output for the BK. Not an issue if you have 1 usb headset as you set the sound input to listen to this device and send it to usb, but if you have 2 usb headsets to set the BK up you have to rearrange the Windows sound preferences each time. Also it is possible to send the TS output to a different channel so preventing the BK doing its thing if anyone has a deep voice. Setting up diffent levels for each mic is also important as I also use VoiceAttack to toggle icons open and close map and other stuff.

• 1. DDz Quorum

After waiting a few months for production and delivery I have got a Realteus ForceFeel seat. It's purchase is a bit of a long story so I'm not going to go into it much but basically I was led to believe it is the replacement for the Gametrix Jetseat. However...it isn't because the Jetseat is still available and has compatible software for what I want to use it for whereas the ForceFeel doesn't...yet. That's my optimistic yet. So I'm going to live with it and try to get it going. 

I've replied here and not started a new topic because Crash started a relevant one here...I am trying to use Voicemeeter Banana to get the seat to work.

I have installed Banana but I'm not finding the setup or support guides/videos very helpful.

I have set it as default. I have selected my Speakers as A1 output and my Logitech USB headset as A2 output. Before I try anything else I want these to work properly however the speakers work fine but the headset tells me that the audio device is busy so I'm not getting any sound through it. Am I missing something basic? Are there other settings I have to do, like A1/A2 Input?

As I understand it you set your soundcard as input 1 usb headset as input 2 and your seat would be input 3, as windows will see 3 audio devices. The sliders under the inputs like my Rift (input 1) sets the volume of the mic for that device. The buttons underneath select where the mic sound goes. If I select A1 I will here what I say in my Rift headphones and as I havnt selected it it goes straight to TS and VoiceAttack via  virtual channel B1. The 2 virtual inputs to the left of the Hardware inputs are your game/system sounds so you could separate TS output from Game output. You select you headphones/speaker/seat A1 A2 A3 here. As you can see I have Rift, USB and onboard sound all selected on both channels although TS is the right hand slider and I need to deselect A3 as I dont want TS to go to the BK. The sound then goes to the mixer on the right and you adjust the outputs to the 3 devices plus the virtual game/system sounds and for me TS here. You also need to set your mic volume in the widows sound settings as this will affect your mic volume as well. It gets very confusing as you set the default input to voicemeeter output (I think)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just seen this

20 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Yeah. At the present, the Realteus offers nothing more than a monotonous rumble. Even the sound mode only Buttkicker gives more diverse feedback.

Then you must have set it up in a way that tops out the audio signal or something. I have it setup on it's own "device" which is mirrored to the VR headset. It doesnt pick up the voice chat then, and i can make sure that the input level is in the green. It rumbles based on direction and volume. So when my wingmen buzz me on ground i get a slight rumble from side to side. When my engine runs it feels natural, when i power up it escalates. When guns are fired the shake is even stronger.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...