GBS key mapping, personal set ups

• 1. DDz Quorum

This thread could be used for those that would like to post their set up and for those looking for hints and tips.

This is mine. I am all Saitek and have been using these controls for eight to ten years. I use an X52 Pro, 2 x throttle quadrants and a set of pedals. All of the control units are able to have a Saitek profile for them that allows for up to three profile modes within an individual profile. I have a GBS profile for the X52 and for one of the quadrants and use two profile modes for the X52 (gunsight has it's own). There is a wheel for changing profile modes on the fly attached to the stick.

The attached Word document is my key mapping to the control units. It covers all GBS aircraft control mappings I have found to be needed, the only one not marked on the mapping is Z, my button for activating the bomb sight view. As it is, I have only one button free to assign and it is in the engine control group however if there is a need to assign more keys when new aircraft arrive I will probably move all the engine control key assignments to their own Engine Management mode, one of the three available. This will free up buttons for other roles.

I haven't included the rudder pedals on the sheet. Apart from rudder control I have left and right braking on the corresponding toe pedal.

The thing I like about GBS key mapping is that I can assign more than one action to a key. So long as there is no conflict on an individual aircraft with the chosen multiple actions it works fine. An example of this is I use the same button for the 'P47 Throttle/RPM/Turbosupercharger linkage' as I do for the 'I.16, Lagg3, Yaks, La5 ser 8, Pe2, A20 Supercharger' . No issue with this because the P47 doesn't have a supercharger mapping and the I.16, Lagg3, Yaks, La5 series 8, Pe2 and A20 don't have a turbosupercharger mapping. There are other examples of this, another one being the combinations I've set up for the cowl flaps/water and oil rads/inlet shutters.

I have prop pitch mapped as the GBS pilot notes recommend that when taxiing the 109, 110 and 190 prop pitch is switched to manual and reduced to a minimum to decrease the probability of yawing whilst moving on the ground. 

It took a while to get the mappings into a logical and user friendly setup but I haven't changed it for months so for me, it works fine and I know that any over heating issues are user error due to swapping between aircraft types. Getting there though, over heating is rare now.

Cheerzen 

WP_20190129_22_02_52_Pro.jpg

GBS controls.docx

• Thanks 4