Airshow Details

Jabo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Judging by a post on their facebook page (can't find the link at present) it sounds like the Russian IL-2 which failed to show up at Legends last year is set to try again this year! V exciting news.

Add the CR42 and ARCOs Lizzie - there's a few interesting things coming through.

• 2 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

Talking of interesting things in the pipeline...I dropped in at DX today to have an amble and I saw this tucked away in a corner of Hangar 2 (home of the Fighter Collection for those that don't know).

IMG_1045.JPG

Now this, unless I'm very much mistaken, is a super-rare Bristol Hercules (probably an XVI) and there's an aircraft in this hangar with a requirement for two of these.

It's obviously incomplete and unrestored, but looks in reasonable shape. Could the Beaufighter project be moving forward at last?

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Well, yes and no. There are two engines at Duxford at present and three more currently under restoration in New Zealand. Now there's a Beaufort under restoration in NZ which will need two engines (handily the Beaufort can use the same engines as the Beaufighter - depending on the mark) so at present there looks to be enough engines to go around. I suspect the Dux examples will go to NZ to be worked on in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, BluBear said:

Although not yet on the official Flying Legends page, I see the Horsemen list the 13th and 14th show on their own website:

http://horsemanflight.net/schedule

Can you imagine if they ferried three P-38s over for it! ??

Can you imagine if they used three Kestrels for it!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Is that speculation/wish on your part Nick or have you a source....?

Well they have performed with Sabres, Lightnings, Bearcats and Spitfires so I suppose it's possible...

There is a Sabre in France now (Fred Akary exchanged Moonbeam McSwine for one).

• 2. Administrators
23 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Is that speculation/wish on your part Nick or have you a source....?

Definitely a wish Tom, but on the 'Will it be at Legends' scale it's at the unlikely end somewhere after a visit from Fifi and Diamond Lil

Looks like we may finally witness a P-47 being put through its paces this year if this video from the weekend is anything to go by!
Must be Richard Grace at the helm, that's certainly not the usual sedate approach usually taken by Stuart Goldspink - no offence to him of course, he puts on a wonderful Hurricane display, just never seems to wind up the Jug.

Also, this could be the year of warbird aerobatic teams, if the Horesmen cometh and we get to see Nellie B as part of the new ULTIMATE FIGHTERS team. (Hints of Breitling Fighters most welcome)

https://www.facebook.com/1785419121510239/posts/2378405305544948/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, BluBear said:

Looks like we may finally witness a P-47 being put through its paces this year if this video from the weekend is anything to go by!
Must be Richard Grace at the helm, that's certainly not the usual sedate approach usually taken by Stuart Goldspink - no offence to him of course, he puts on a wonderful Hurricane display, just never seems to wind up the Jug.

Also, this could be the year of warbird aerobatic teams, if the Horesmen cometh and we get to see Nellie B as part of the new ULTIMATE FIGHTERS team. (Hints of Breitling Fighters most welcome)

Great article by Richard Grace here about flying "Nellie B" - splendid photographicals from Mr Dibbs too, as always.

http://vintageaviationecho.com/p-47-thunderbolt-nellie/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Aircraft participation list quite a bit lower than previous years thus-far, with a distinct lack of European acts on the bill.
I've heard rumours that the CAA have introduced new regulations that may be hindering this, which would be a damn shame.

Also, looks like the Horsemen have pulled out according to the listings on their website.

In much more positive news, the HAC De Havilland DH-9 has been added for it's airshow debut. The only airworthy WW1 bomber in the world with an equally unique power plant. Sweet!

Not long now gents...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.