So the new rig is dead(ish)

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Yep, although the machine posts I cannot get into Windows without the machine bluescreening, I also cannot get the machine to start up from the installation media without repeated BSODs. So once Scan are back from their Chrimbo break I'll RMA the mainboard and we'll have another crack at this one.

Hey ho.

• 2. Administrators

In a further update, I have (at FT's suggestion) stripped out everything connected to the mobo in the PC except the processor and 1 stick of memory. I then created a bootable copy of ubuntu and tried to boot the machine with that. It did - first time, no problem. So I though it might be a problem with the SSD. So I connected that back up and tried to boot off the stick again. Ubuntu failed to start. Problem with the SSD perhaps? Disconnected the SSD and tried to boot again. Nada. Tried another four times, and it failed every time. I don't see that there's much more I can do with this now so I'm going to strip out the mobo and take off the processor so it's ready to post back to Scan as soon as I have an RMA number.

So much for getting some serious fliegening done over the Christmas hols. Oh well...