Any here know how to do a combat landing in a he-111?

Landing is all about speed control. Elevator trim is your cruise control for keeping your speed in check.  A little more complicated than I could explain here but on approach you should not be doing much with the stick, full nose up trim and throttle adjustment should set you down in the right spot.

If you want to learn the basics I'd be happy to spend some time on landings with you. Let me know or join me on TS.

• Like 1

I wouldn't try this type of approach, angle of approach is too steep and controls too jerky so high risk of stall if too slow or as in  the video  overshoot if oo fast. I'm not the best at landings so  use long approach, check speed to control rate of descent and if I need to bleed speed use side slip early and then line up making sure I cross end of runway at correct speed for that aircraft, flare out and drop gently onto runway.

If Runway is hot and enemy near then don't land, find a quieter one if possible

14 hours ago, delta7 said:

I wouldn't try this type of approach, angle of approach is too steep and controls too jerky so high risk of stall if too slow or as in  the video  overshoot if oo fast. I'm not the best at landings so  use long approach, check speed to control rate of descent and if I need to bleed speed use side slip early and then line up making sure I cross end of runway at correct speed for that aircraft, flare out and drop gently onto runway.

If Runway is hot and enemy near then don't land, find a quieter one if possible

I see do you know if they ever did this type of corkscrew landing in ww2 like they do nowadays?

10 hours ago, il2crashesnfails said:

I see do you know if they ever did this type of corkscrew landing in ww2 like they do nowadays?

I very much doubt it, why would anyone want to do such drastic manouvers ? If your aircraft was damaged you would place great strain on it, you  also risk stalls or overshoots, I would think that the vast majority of landings were as part of a squadron formation and in a controlled path and rate of descent.

If you want to find out standard approach then go here

https://www.av8n.com/how/

section 12 deals with landings

section 6 deals with angle of attack

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 11:37 PM, delta7 said:

I very much doubt it, why would anyone want to do such drastic manouvers ? If your aircraft was damaged you would place great strain on it, you  also risk stalls or overshoots, I would think that the vast majority of landings were as part of a squadron formation and in a controlled path and rate of descent.

If you want to find out standard approach then go here

https://www.av8n.com/how/

section 12 deals with landings

section 6 deals with angle of attack

I was told p51's used to wait for  Me 262's to land so they could shoot them down going slow. I always wondered if they used the technique to speed up the landing process

No, due to its design the me 262 required a long straight approach as it slowed down to land, to counter the high losses the Luftwaffe relied on flak alleys on approach route and then dora 9s as fighter cover over airfield during landing. I dont know where you found references to the approach you try but I have never seen it quoted as a technique used in real life and cant imagine where or when it would be used apart from as an emergency technique to prevent aircraft being shot down by hand held missiles say in Afghanistan where the perimeter could not be guaranteed as secure.

I have seen some weird and wonderful tecniques tried online but mostly unsuccessfully, and online it does not matter how badly you land and beat up an aircraft, it costs nothing, you are never hurt and all you have to do is hit refly to be on your way again . As in most things softly, slowley,smoothly leads to best results in landing.

S

Delta

• Like 1

Apologies, the dora is the late version of the Focke-Wulf 190 fitted with Junkers Jumo in line engine as aposed to the BMW radial for the A seriese

Dora is for D,  must have been some kind of Germal phonetic alphabet, some common ones used for Luftwaffe were

A is Anton

D is Dora

E is Emil

F is Friedrich

G is Gustav

the video you show seems to be of an emergancy type landing by modern aircraft at an unsecured airfield, not typical.

If you need to get down hot and fast then try to practice  the guidelines in the links I sent above and once smooth with standard approach then come in faster and then chop throttle and use flaps and sideslip to slow later in path, you will still need to be at correct speed, rate of descent and straight as you cross parimeter.

good luck

• Like 1