How do you recover from a stall?

• 2. Administrators

Lots of things you did wrong I'm afraid. 

Straight away you need to throttle right back, by keeping power on you are accelerating the stall. Then stick neutral, waving it around also isn't helping! Then when you do bring the power back, you engage it again to soon.

So, throttle back, stick neutral, and full rudder into the direction of the spin until the plane stops rotating (careful not to keep full rudder on to long and send the spin into the opposite direction). Once and only once the spin is negated, power slowly on to build up airspeed and then pull out of the dive. 

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fruitbat said:

Lots of things you did wrong I'm afraid. 

Straight away you need to throttle right back, by keeping power on you are accelerating the stall. Then stick neutral, waving it around also isn't helping! Then when you do bring the power back, you engage it again to soon.

So, throttle back, stick neutral, and full rudder into the direction of the spin until the plane stops rotating (careful not to keep full rudder on to long and send the spin into the opposite direction). Once and only once the spin is negated, power slowly on to build up airspeed and then pull out of the dive. 

Hope that helps!

I felt I was in a flat spin maybe inverted at some point, should i still keep stick neutral in spin? thanks for help

At first you're just falling out of control from engine torque , no flight surface is doing anything ... there isn't enough air flowing .  Chop power, center everything and wait till it stabilizes and you can identify the direction of spin. Then opposite rudder to stop the spin, then begin to pull out of the dive gently.

• Like 3