Participants

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

So although next Summer seems a long way off for those in the Northern hemisphere,  it's always cheering to get the dates for the coming year's Flying Legends - So 13th and 14th July 2019 - Who's up for this?

1. Jabo (Hotel booked Friday - Sunday) - my 20th consecutive Leg ends!
2. Crash (Hotel booked Friday - Sunday)
3. Painless
4. Delta
5. BluBear
6. Sweper
7. VARP Thor
8. VARP Hunter
9. Sid
10. Fenrir +1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all from =VARP= Thor and Hunter.

The two of us are planning to visit the show this year and have some questions about it so any help is much appreciated.

1. Where can I buy some distilled water? Is it available in every grocery store? Btw, we will stay in London for a 3-4 days.

2. We would really like to meet with you after the air show in place of your choice but please have in mind that we will depend on public transport.

3. Thor asked me to post this question, I don't know the details about it but here it is : Does the IWM membership (35£) includes the ticket to the air-show itself? If yes, for first, second or both days?

Cheers

Hunter

• 2. Administrators

Hi Hunter, that's great news!

1. Depends on how much you need, a motorists supplies is probably the best bet. How much do you think you'll want?

2. I'm sure we can sort something out. :thumbsu:

3. No, it doesn't I'm afraid. If you're doing both days at the show though there's a two day ticket which is a lot cheaper than an individual ticket for each day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Propnut, might be a bit of an ask to get Nick Grey to move the date of Legends, but if you did want to catch an Airshow at Duxford....

https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/duxford-air-festival-2019

And if there's something flying at Duxford there's usually a DangerDog in the vicinity!

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators
9 hours ago, PropNut said:

I will be in Hamburg in the beginning of May and again early June (riding my bicycle down the Elbe river). I might be able to hop over there for an airshow...it would certainly be awesome.

Chris (Blubear) and I are probably the two most frequent airshow-goers from the UK dogz, usually doing some (or all) of the Duxford shows and some of the shows at Old Warden as well (the Shuttleworth Collection is based there) and there's often visiting warbirds  from around the country too. If the weather's good Shuttleworth is a great venue as the curved display line means the aircraft can get in closer to the crowd and because the sun is behind you in the afternoon, the light is superb for photos! I'll put a list together for you. It'll be great to see you if you can make it over here!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.