Persian Gulf Map?

Gypsy

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have the Persian Gulf map and it is gorgeous. What it does however is up the game folder size, I have Caucasus, Nevada, Normandy and Persian Gulf and they all total up to more than 90gb...Nevada and Persian Gulf are both about 32gb in size. This puts my install folder at a whopping 146gb. Something to think about too. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried it during a free weekend.  Understand that I'm running 8GB (for now) which is bare minimum for DCS, if not actually below.  I could get it to load, most of time time; and run, most of the time, with one aircraft on the map.  My impression was that it's just more sand.  On the other hand, it will be the go to map for F/A-18 and Tomcat types, more than likely, as it is a global hot spot.  For me, though, Caucasus it is.  Plenty of, I perceive, more varied terrain, plus a map that runs fairly well.

Personally, I'll wait for a sale, and spend on any good planes to come by instead.  It was interesting, but in the end, it's just sand and water with a few admittedly pretty, cities interspersed.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Redtail said:

Well i'm glad you've joined the bucket and spade brigade.Its fun on the beach.?

Perrfect for a cat!

Got it downloaded and tested (briefly). Looks like a lot of fun times can be had in that sandbox. I just need to work on my stamina on sitting up so I can get the practice in.