Our GB Server is up and running

1 hour ago, FoolTrottel said:

Looks great!

(Who was it performing that flapsup-hoppin'-hare landing? Looked spectacular from that angle!)

I couldn't possibly reveal that sort of information!*

Is there an aircraft in this game that is easier to land - and easier to spin after landing - than the Spit. mk.V?   Flaps down, wheels down and at ninety miles per hour just pull the stick gently back, close the throttle completely and then take your hand off the stick and it just settles down with a single bounce and......thats it:salute:

Then you can concentrate on not spinning!:blink:

*Have you put the cheque in the post yet Artie?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just after the MiGs left I found myself in the gunners position, then external view :( I then crashed into the trees.  It must be a conflict with Thrustmaster Target and GBS. I dont know if it was a Window$ update or a GBS update but I can no longer use Target , so I have gone through and set everything up in game. However VoiceAttack and Teamspeak need keys for push to talk so now I have to use Xpadder I hope that it works OK tonight

20 hours ago, wingflyr said:

how in the world did you do that.?

I had to think about this a bit (:huh:) and have come to the conclusion that I got lucky.......but;

I'm using the Hugh Dundass method.   I seem to remember his wing pioneered the use of the Spitfire as a jabo in the north african and italian campaigns.  Of course I might be talking out of my backside so I suspect Fenrir might really be the guy to ask.   Basically the idea was to approach the target at six to ten thousand feet which was above the effective range of light flak but allowed a good view of the target area.  The approach route would be governed by the chosen low level escape route after the drop to avoid murderous light flak.

Fly past the target and watch it disappear under the leading edge of the wing.  When it reappears under the trailing edge of the wing do a half roll down onto the target and approach the drop at a sixty degree angle.

Watch the target disappear under the nose and then the difficult bit;  count to two, three or four depending on height and speed and drop bombs. Simples:P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...