Opening Downloaded missions in the ME

Salute!

I was asked to post this info the other day about the mission editor and opening msbin and Mission files, in the Mission Editor.

I hope it’s helpful. I am not all the good at writing out explanations. I’m better at talking it out with someone, so I will do my best with this.

The missions that are download while playing on a multiplayer server, are saved to the C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight folder.

When first saved they will not have a .Mission file. (they will have a .msnbin file)

When you open the ME and tell it to open a file it will by default look for a .Mission file, not a .msnbin file.

There are a couple of ways to deal with that. The easiest way is if you know the name of the mission, start typing it into the window in the mission editor when it asks you for a Mission file and it will auto fill the window with names that come close to, or be exactly the one you want. Then just select it.

The second is to go into windows navigator and navigate to your C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle Moscow\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight folder and look for the .msnbin file.

Highlight and copy just the name of the mission including the .msnbin part. Such as: The Push v1.0_060918.msnbin.

Open the mission editor and when it wants the name of the .Mission file, paste in the name of the msbin file as in the above, and hit open and the editor will open it.

When you save it before exiting the editor it will automatically save it as a .Mission file and the next time you want to open it you will be able to see it in the editor drop down box to open.

I know this all maybe about as clear as mud so if you need some more assistance with this or other editor issues, let me know and what little I know I will be happy to share. Just PM me and we can get together on TS.

I probably know just enough to be dangerous, but I may be able help to get you going on your own mission building “adventure”, and to the extent that I can, will be happy to do so.

Warning!! The mission editor, while fun to “play” with, can cause major hair loss, and possible migraine headaches! LOL!!

AP

Untitled 07.jpg

Untitled 05.jpg

Untitled 06.jpg

Untitled 08.jpg

Thanks Tom, works a treat ... still confused about creating a mission but have had some success so far.

Made a mssion, placed a boat in the river, created a PE2 airborne and bombed the boat.

Thought that was a bit lame, so added a couple of AA guns, and then next time got my ass shot off ... lol

It's a start Sheriff:salute:

You've got further than I have in actually creating a mission.   Meanwhile, I've got a couple of really good DF maps in my multiplayer folder that didn't have a mission file so I could not fiddle with the planes.

Using what AP put up I can generate a new mission file and then add all the planes.  Moscow map with various mods on and a very tough A20 added.:P

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
55 minutes ago, Crash said:

Hi Arthur, could you upload the DF maps to the vault please?

Me thinks there's no real need to do that, as when you connect to his server, the mission he's hosting will be downloaded to your computer, in the correct folder, so next time, you can host it! Yeah, you will have to take note of the mission name though, and remember what it was/did ... or it should really have a nice and cool file name.

Correct me if I am wrong here ... 

This is the Moscow map dogfight server mission with AP's a.i. groups added.  I've changed the a.i. to the Lagg3 for the soviets and FW190A3 for zer Germans as they're slightly less lethal than the previous 109/Spitfire combination.

This makes a really good practise server with plenty of ground pounding as well as a.i. opposition.  All planes are available and skins are unlocked.

:salute:

Dangerdogz test server 3.zip

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, DD_Arthur said:

This is the Moscow map dogfight server mission with AP's a.i. groups added.  I've changed the a.i. to the Lagg3 for the soviets and FW190A3 for zer Germans as they're slightly less lethal than the previous 109/Spitfire combination.

This makes a really good practise server with plenty of ground pounding as well as a.i. opposition.  All planes are available and skins are unlocked.

:salute:

Dangerdogz test server 3.zip

flying through the clouds looked awesome!