I'm Baaaack!!

Beebop-RIP

Hello you Dogs.  It's been a while.  Since I was last here...

1.  I finally retired.  I have all the time now in the world and at the same time no time at all.  I'm sure you retirees know what I'm talking about.

2.  My old squad, the HellHounds has disbanded.  We went our separate ways but still keep in touch.  Sadly Tim, Quazimoto, whom some of you might remember as the Tech Forums Moderator at the Ubi Forums has passed away.  He is sorely missed by all of us.  He was such a  friendly helpful guy and one of my best friends.

3. I've dabbled with mods for IL-2 1946.  Mostly though I like the "stock/vanilla" version best.  However I have for reference and occasional use the following mod version:

B.A.T Linebacker

VP Modpack 4.12.2

DBW 1.71

HSFX 7.0.3

4.12.2m Modact 5.2

UP3RC4

UP 2..01

I also have the original IL-2 Demo installed.  That's an interesting change of place.  My how the sim has improved.

I am a part time consultant to Team Daidalos.  I don't directly create content but do occasionally beta test stuff.  A few of my skins are now defaults in the game.

Plus, I have had Battle Over Stalingrad, (just the base game, only the P-40 added and the 'Green Stalingrad' mod), installed for quite some time but never really got into it.  Now I am looking at it more.  It sure looks great!

I will be looking through your Great Battles forum for help.

Thanks to DD_Arthur for reminding me to check in.  I'll most likely try and find some online DD sever to join soon.

I still Admin at Mission 4 Today.  If you have any questions about that site I will gladly try and help.

Anyway, thought I'd drop by and say HI!

• Thanks 2

Hello Beebop, nice to see you here:thumbsu:.

Thats very sad news about Quazi.  I remember him very fondly m8.  He was very close to Jim too.

If any other Hell Hounds have an urge to fly again please don't hesitate to let them know they will always find a welcome here with their friends in the DangerDogz.

Thanks gentlemen.

I checked the calendar but don't see anything scheduled.  Am I missing something?

Basically I'd like to do some co-ops with everyone and see how it goes.  Have I lost what skills I used to have?  I can still crash a landing with the best of them though. 

IL-2 1946 (4.14.3) or HSFX. 

I have been learning a bit about SEOW with Kopdorfer over at M4T.

Although I have BoS as I said it's a very basic version and am not sure if I could fly with just that.

Hope to see someone in the virtual skies soon.  (added bonus...i'm an easy kill LOL)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Beebop, 

Sad to hear about Quazi, he was such a nice guy, he helped me out more than a few times, dam !

I am also retired, 6 years now, as you say to start with it makes you wonder how you had time to work !

It would be great to have you and any of the old crew fly with us again mate....

• 1. DDz Quorum
11 hours ago, Beebop said:

I checked the calendar but don't see anything scheduled.  Am I missing something?

Hm, weird, this is what I get when clicking the link:

<Edit: removed the image with Calendar contents, as it appears we have got  something to hide there, contents are not public!>

Looks like it's time to check the settings - maybe we should promote you to a true Dangerdogz member,  the HaHa stuff's probably lacking - well, that was to be expected, hey ... :sheepsmile: Anybody got any objections?

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Beebop said:

Can I fly on the Great Battles server with only the base Battle of Stalingrad?

Yes, well, we do not have a GB server currently, somebody just hosts (Crash, Arthur, WingFlyr or me) a server/mission...

All maps are available to you even with only BoS, it's a plane set limitation - you have less models flyable than some others... For the currently standard DF mission is't not a problem. For Coops it can and will be... maybe...  

Beebop; everything we officially do kicks off around 7.30 - 8p.m GMT so for Oregon it would all be early - mid afternoon.  Your new schedule (B)) is Sunday = IL2 1946 coops/long missions, etc.

Monday = DCS, Tuesday = IL2 Battle of Stalingrad - and having just the base game will not be a problem at the moment.  Thursday = IL2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz edition usually followed by a spot of DCS.

Also,  some of the North American guys get together for BoS and DCS on an ad-hoc basis during US afternoon/evening times. 

Hmmm.....you're gonna need whatever the current TS3 password is I think.......

Ahhh, the calendar shows now.  Thanks.

Gentlemen, Thank You so much!  I have always enjoyed flying with the Danger Dogs and now I am one.  Being around all of you makes me feel .... (oh, that's a sheep...oops!) ?

Seriously, I look forward to flying with you.  I'll probably start next Sunday with a more familiar 1946?HSFX then try a DF with BoS.  I really still have a lot to learn about BoS so a DF would be great as I wouldn't impede everyone progress while I figure out how to get off the ground without crashing and not fly like a drunken sailor.  (then again I would make an easy target so at lest I'll have something to contribute)

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Welcome back Beebop! As with most of the long-time members here I too was sad to hear about Quazi, I have many fond memories of listening to him snoring on TS.

I can probably not be described as active any more as I can barely manage to fly once a week at present but hopefully I'll see you on TS soon.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.  It's starting to feel like coming back home! ?

Re: BoS...I have some visual mods on, Modified Icons, Draw Distance and Map Emitters, Longer Smoke Trails...do I need to turn off mods to fly?  And if so what is the best way?  Un-tick 'Mods Enabled' in game or unload them via JSGME?

I am having a lot of fun with BoS.  Just like when I found the original IL-2 Demo I would spend hours at a time just watching the plane fly around the map on autopilot.  I am amazed at just how good it looks.

So far the only thing I don't like is having to buy add-ons to get some of the planes.  $50 USD for BoK just so I can fly a P-39, the A-20 and the Bf-110.  Yeah I get a map but outside of the other planes I already have the rest.  One thing about Rise of Flight, you can buy whatever plane(s) you want, whatever maps you want and whatever 'accessories' you want rather than buy a whole package. 

But then I have been spoiled rotten by IL-2 1946 and all the free stuff we get.

So I do have a question about BoS concerning the look of the game.  Would that be best posted in the Great Battles forum or the Gamer's Hell forum?

I am really looking forward to this Sunday!

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, Beebop said:

So I do have a question about BoS concerning the look of the game.  Would that be best posted in the Great Battles forum or the Gamer's Hell forum?

I don't think it really makes any difference in the end, but I'd go for the Great Battles, and if you do not get a solution there, then go to Gamer's Hell and try in there.... but like said, it don't really matter :sheepsmile:

• 2. Administrators
18 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

I don't think it really makes any difference in the end, but I'd go for the Great Battles, and if you do not get a solution there, then go to Gamer's Hell and try in there.... but like said, it don't really matter :sheepsmile:

:iagree: