DCS F-14A/B Pre-order Now Available at Heatblur

Kira

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Undoubtedly.  The other jets I fly regularly - the Harrier and the Mig19 - have a sink rate that quickly becomes unrecoverable if speed is allowed to drop below critical for a mere fraction of a second.

It's why I always go for the early curved approach.  I find keeping control of rate of descent much easier this way.

However, I've been getting more used to the Tomcat and I'm finding it surprisingly.......'floaty':)......for it's size and weight.

Just made my first eject-the-hood-stand-up-in-the-cockpit-carrier-landing😎.  I'd love to show you but the bloody DCS trk. recording system is sadly knackered at the moment???    

• 2. Administrators

My first carrier landing attempt,

Admittedly I was being talked down by Tom!!!

And Jester was less than impressed🤣😁

And a rather nice vid, after i jumped into Tom's Tomcat afterwards, and watched a landing from the backseat (with time to do some external shots too).

Good fun :salute:

• Like 1

Interesting.  Since actually paying over money for it my Tomcat has developed a roll to the right when I airstart or take off from a runway.  Using a MSFFB 2 can you can really feel it wants to roll.

I've no idea why it's started doing this and none of the other members of my DCS fleet does it either.

:blink:

• 1 month later...