DCS F-14A/B Pre-order Now Available at Heatblur

Kira

On 2/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Crash said:

I hope you havnt got it this bad Kira https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233003

Not quite that bad, but I did do the whole 'bicycle helmet' etc. thing for "increased realism".  Man, that Jetfighter II was THE thing back in the day.  Many hours spent in that F-14 with my friends.

Here's a DOS emulator that runs it right on the web page:

https://classicreload.com/jetfighter-ii-advanced-tactical-fighter.html

• 1. DDz Quorum

This will almost certainly come out on a beta patch first - however, if all goes well it could be pushed to the stable the following week (20th March).

The Skatezilla app that Crash has highlighted in a separate thread can be used to switch your stable release to the open beta if you cannot hang on that long.

• Like 1

ED has posted a "Trap Sheet", which is  a kneeboard visualization of your last carrier approach, giving you indicators as to how close you were to where you are ideally supposed to be.  There are a few other new and interesting odds and ends mentioned in this post as well.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231374

Crash, the answer should be "NO, you do NOT need DCS Beta installed.  The STABLE version should be fine.  It's the module itself, the F-14B, that is in Beta form."  I think.  Can't guarantee it, but I'm 95% sure this will be the case.

Translation: We should all be flying our Beta version of the F-14Bs on the newly installed Dogz DCS Stable server on day one of release: March 13th/14th.

• 1. DDz Quorum
25 minutes ago, Kira said:

Crash, the answer should be "NO, you do NOT need DCS Beta installed.  The STABLE version should be fine.  It's the module itself, the F-14B, that is in Beta form."  I think.  Can't guarantee it, but I'm 95% sure this will be the case.

Translation: We should all be flying our Beta version of the F-14Bs on the newly installed Dogz DCS Stable server on day one of release: March 13th/14th.

Alas, Kira, this would fly in the face of the release process of every module thus far released. Unless they make a special case for the 14 - which isn't beyond the realm of possibility I grant you - but I haven't seen any information to support this.

As such I would tend to assume the worst case and that it will release to open beta first.

Looks like Fen is correct.  First response: "Almost all new aircraft are pushed to the open beta branch first, and then to the stable branch the following week. It's a safe bet that the 'cat will be the same. "  But it's not a DCS moderator, so it's still possibly up in the air.  The good news is that that situation shouldn't last more than a week or so, before the aircraft is moved to stable DCS.

Here we go, straight from Heatblur: "Our F-14B will release first to the open beta branch and then when ED feels that open beta version is ready it will then transition to stable. This is how things are usually handled in DCS afaik."