Tuesday night as GBS night

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Makes you think doesn’t it Crasheroony ........... Four flight sims and so little time for many of the Lads.

Just wondering, if we were to drop one of them in an effort to re unite the squad a bit, which would it be ? Simply thinking out loud that’s all, might be a terrible idea ?

I think that "real life" can get in the way sometimes. Monday nights are a no from me and I am only occasionally available Thursdays. If we were to drop one I think that CloD would be the one as it offers the least variety of planes/maps/missions although the Dogz server is very popular.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, Painless said:

Makes you think doesn’t it Crasheroony ........... Four flight sims and so little time for many of the Lads.

Just wondering, if we were to drop one of them in an effort to re unite the squad a bit, which would it be ? Simply thinking out loud that’s all, might be a terrible idea ?

Re-Unite the squad? Get with the programme young man!  At the moment, it looks a lot like the squad is gathering four-fold! 

1 hour ago, Crash said:

I think that "real life" can get in the way sometimes. Monday nights are a no from me and I am only occasionally available Thursdays. If we were to drop one I think that CloD would be the one as it offers the least variety of planes/maps/missions although the Dogz server is very popular.

Drop CloD and fly BoX instead on Thursdays?

Well, it's a sure way for me to get bored with it fast! 

• Like 1

Due to RL commitments, I've had to largely knock Sundays on the head, as you may or may not have noticed.
I don't miss IL2 1946 so much, but I do miss the banter with some of you gits that haven't yet succumbed to the pleasant lands of DCS and / or CloD!

Don't get me wrong, '46 will always have a place in my heart and it'll never be bettered in many respects, but the graphical advances, technical challenges, attention to accuracy and over all immersion that the newer sims offer have got me hook line and sinker, BoX included (despite rarely flying it!).

I have to admit though, whilst I'm fond of the Battle of Britain scenario (being a bit of a Spitfire fan boy and growing up in Kent) CloD has become somewhat flat over recent months. It is starting to feel more like a warm up to the short DCS session that follows.
That said, we have a great crowd of chaps on Thursdays now, some fresh blood, some old hands. I guess I just miss having some kind of purpose, like SoW or a campaign of sorts (ahem fruitbat). Perhaps things will change when the updates finally come out, two weeks right?

Not sure I'm trying to get any particular point across, just thinking out loud I guess!
It's looking and sounding like the Tuesday session is shaping up to be Sunday 2.0, inasmuch as the natural progression of things, BoX becoming the ipso facto replacement for '46.
So, if I can only fly two nights a week, I guess I need to choose, or if there is a general consensus to change things that's cool too.

These aren't bad problems to have at all, in fact one thing is for certain, the DangerDogz seem to be in fine fettle indeed.
Great to see such regular healthy numbers again, we must be doing something right!

Bloody Nora, I've waffled on haven't I, and not even had a drink!

S!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Drop CloD and fly BoX instead on Thursdays?

Well, it's a sure way for me to get bored with it fast! 

I was thinking more replace CloD with DCS as my once a month availability on Thursdays might just give me an incentive to assign some controls :)

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry Arjen , I will try harder in future ! ?

I just worry, ( maybe unnecessarily) that four sims might polarise our interests a bit. If the majority are quite happy with things as they are then bloody marvellous.

Like Chris, I miss certain gits company on TS and I know the reason they might not be there is because they have chosen to fly different sims to me in their available time slots. Like wise I have chosen to fly GBS and 46 not CLOD or DCS ( for now..... ). It is great to see a resurgence in both numbers and enthusiasm which has to be down to fresh new challenges in whatever sim !

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

I've currently got access to all four of these, but I'm pretty much completely off DCS as I don't find it particularly fun and given the various health issues I'm dealing with, an extra dollop of stress I can well do without. So, since I'm sticking to '46, CloD and BoX , I'd much prefer it if we didn't change too much especially as we have just made some major alterations and it might be sensible to see how that beds in for a few months first. Incidentally TF5.0 is about to go into closed Beta for CloD so that might make things more interesting once it's ready - might be a bit longer than two weeks though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators
On 11/28/2018 at 11:36 PM, BluBear said:

I guess I just miss having some kind of purpose, like SoW or a campaign of sorts (ahem fruitbat).

Once I have my new Pc, I'll start doing more than the exploratory work done so far.

It will be a damn site easier to re create the missions from 9 lives in Clod, if i have the FMB open in both 46 and clod, on different computers side by side.

Patience Chistoff!

• Thanks 1

If I can show up on any given day, I will fly what's in front of me. I like them all, some more than others, but mostly I enjoy the "jaw boning" with the merry band of Dogz!

• Like 3