Tuesday night as GBS night

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've been playing GBS/BoX single player and multiplayer and thinking that I would like to play it more often with you guys. I believe the consensus of those that have it is that it is fun and that it is possible to go online with eachother relatively easily. This has been the case for a few weeks now as I have hosted some missions and Arthur has kindly provided a server for us to use on a map rotation basis...as far as I am aware no-one had any major issues with connecting to either of us or suffered from issues online whilst flying on our servers. We both run a mods server but you don't need mods to fly with us, just have mods enabled in your game, once that has been enabled most join us easily. The biggest issue I have found with a bunch of us flying together is that the mission selection can be affected due to people having a limited selection of aircraft but I am sure that will resolve itself in time as people adopt the game and aquire modules in the future as it becomes clearer that this is a fun, interesting and great looking way to take off, fly, shoot down, bomb the crap out of things and land again......something we are very used to. 

I'm not suggesting we replace '46 with GBS/BoX as the Dogz preferred fun platform because we all have our preferences to what we fly and there are dedicated nights for other games available to cater for this. What I am asking is what people feel about Tuesday nights being dedicated to GBS/BoX.

What we could have is:

Sunday 46

Monday DCS

Tuesday GBS/BoX

Thursday CloD

Watcha think?

Cheerzen    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I have read the forums...and as my training course on Wednesday has been moved to Thursday, I will endeavour to be there on Tuesday.

PS. Low-key announcement added to the forum

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I plan on joining you tomorrow but have never played BoS online.  I can get to the Multiplayer page but is there anything I need to know about joining?

I have no problms joining direct IP with HSFX and have no router.

Or it can wait until I'm on Teamspeak.  I'll connect 1/2 hour early.

Gentlemen,

Sorry I left so abruptly this afternoon.  It seems that the server was set up for 'Expert' settings so I had no HUD plus I am so new to the game I use a lot of auto settings for engine management.  I couldn't remember the default key settings for the radiator so I kept overheating.  I am very familiar with 1046 so more realistic settings like in HSFX are not as difficult to deal with.

I need to practice a lot more but am looking forward to flying BoX with you.

Don't worry m8.  As you can see above, we might fly with expert settings but I for one am still a rank amateur:wacko:.

Have you had a look through this thread?

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/12970-box-rough-and-ready-set-up-guide/

As an overall concept IL2 BoX and IL2 1946 are broadly similar; create the most detailed, feature-filled WW2 combat flight simulator whilst keeping it accessible to as wide a user base as possible.

In detail however BoX differs from 1946 in almost all aspects.