Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy

A10A/A10C

For those that may have one (or more) of these, other than the obvious, what is/are the advantage(s) (or lack thereof) of these models in game? The A model is $15 USD and the C model is $60 USD. Just curious at this point. Thanks!

Hi Bill,

A-10A is a Flaming Cliffs module - it has the high fidelity flight model but simplified systems, with NO clickable cockpit. As such it has more limited armament and targeting functionality. However it is still FUN.

A-10C is a full on DCS hardcore, melt your grey matter, take-you-years to fully understand, clickable cockpit and ALL the bombs + a cool targeting pod, module. It's an investment of time and practise, but the payoff is it's more rewarding, flexible to operate and you can undertake a wider range of mission types.

You could the A-10A first to get used to concepts of ground attack flying in the modern air war idiom and then move on to the -C later... but in some regards, the sooner you start on the -C the sooner you get proficient. 

Either way happy to give you all the advice and training you need to get ordnance off the rails and into the enemy ground units!

• Like 1

Thanks Fen! Exactly what I was looking for info wise. I know I said I probably would not go beyond what I have (F86-F5) but I like doing the mud moving thing now and then and the A10 would add an extra layer above the F5. Waiting on sale time to get the -C. Of course it would be an excuse to get the Warthog HOTAS 🤣🤣!