DCS F/A-18 Released to Client Stable version

DD_Fenrir

Is  anyone else getting that really strange colored screen just before you get the cockpit launch? Also, is the percentage of loading textures, terrains, etc., the new normal on 2.5.2 release? Just curious as nothing seems to be adversely affected.

Didn't think about Reshade but that could be it. Never got it to work right anyway (won't respond to to whatever keys I use to turn it on or off) so I will just get rid of it. Other than that, running most everything high all is good at least off line. The problems I was having with lockups on the Normandy map seems to have gone away. I flew for a couple of hours and never had a problem today.

After today's venture into online dogfight server, I can truly attest to the fact that I am not "ready for prime time". I am still trying to conquer the aircraft handling, engine management, etc., so my situational awareness ain't happening. So me thinks I will stick offline and get comfortable in the cockpits before I go out and be target practice for the foes. 7 takeoffs, 5 shoot downs, two landings one of which me and the AC lived thru. BoX, CLoD and 1946 for me ???!

Continuing the saga. Flew the trusty Spit offline yesterday for about 4hrs. Got to the point where I could takeoff, fly the pattern, make a curving approach, land and repeat without changing aircraft 3 out of 4 times. Then I took on the Las Vegas Tour (which I crashed trying before) and made the entire thing only missing one gate and landed and only polished one wingtip. Maybe another 50-60 hrs and I will start to feel comfortable enough to go shoot at things ?! Onward and upward!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Good work Gypsy - I think I speak for all here who have time in the DCS Spitty when I say that this entirely mirrors what we have all experienced; as you're finding out, you can be told or shown the "right way" but much of the process is just plain old practise, refining and finnessing. Persistence pays in DCS as you are discovering. Eventually you'll wonder waht all the fuss was about!