Tried, failed, still parked. Anyone provide the starting sequence for the Beau? I am missing something (obviously) as all I get is one or two revolutions of the prop and engine stops.. got the mags on, the fuel (I think) selected but no go.. help an old man out for future reference please.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Fuel levers are over to the left rear, a big red wheel, and a green one.

Rotate them both to 'inner'.

Then, per engine, a bit of throttle (8%) and ignition. Then wait and be patient, until both engines are warm enough to apply power needed for take off. Might take over five minutes...

28 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Fuel levers are over to the left rear, a big red wheel, and a green one.

Rotate them both to 'inner'.

Then, per engine, a bit of throttle (8%) and ignition. Then wait and be patient, until both engines are warm enough to apply power needed for take off. Might take over five minutes...

Okay will try that later...I think I had them on "outer" . Is the third fuel lever supposed to be up or down? Thanks!

• 2. Administrators

Third fuel lever?

The length of time it takes the Beau to warm up is ridiculous at the moment (compared to other radial-engined aircraft in the game). Gypsy, you'll find that if you advance the throttles too far the engine will will just stop and you're back to having to start it all over again. There is are two engine temp gauges behind the stick - keep a close eye on them. If you're starting with rads closed to get the engines to warm up more quickly, remember to open them again before taking off!

• Like 1

Thanks all! I was just putzing around yesterday on our CloD server and letting the Spit continue to beat me up in DCS. Thought I would try the Beau for some relaxing...well I was relaxed as I never got off the ground ?!

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

The Beau can be a bit of a handful on the ground and the swing on takeoff due to the non 'handed' props is quite pronounced. Once you get the hang of steadily advancing the throttles and are ready with a bootful of rudder when required she's not too bad. The other thing I've found is not to try and haul the thing off the ground too soon, once the tail is up, just a suspicion of elevator is all that's required for her to fly off the deck.

• Like 2