One for FT?

First In-game Po-2 Shots

Here are the first WIP screenshots of the Po-2 aircraft being made for the sim. This famous general-purpose biplane served in many roles during WWII, the Korean War and peacetime. It did it all from aerial recon, ad-hoc night bombing to crop dusting. Its 3D model for the sim is being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. As you can see it's coming along nicely!

po2b_thumb.jpg
po2a_thumb.jpg po2c_thumb.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Killing Joke?  Bloody hell FT!

I saw them at Elephant Fayre in Cornwall in the summer of '85.  Apparently this is considered their best ever live gig......but I thought they were crap:P.  Probably not helped by it raining all evening.

The following night New Model Army headlined and I thought they were better but they were cut short by a power failure:wacko:.  

For pure eighties nostalgia here's the Cure at Glastonbury the following summer.  They came on stage during a lightning storm over the site,  then the rain stopped, the lasers on the top of the pyramid stage started up and the moon came out.........:dj: 

Edit;  excellent news Crash.  Hopefully these guys can start work on my Mosquito next!

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Killing Joke?  Bloody hell FT!

I saw them at Elephant Fayre in Cornwall in the summer of '85.  Apparently this is considered their best ever live gig......but I thought they were crap:P.  Probably not helped by it raining all evening.

The following night New Model Army headlined and I thought they were better but they were cut short by a power failure:wacko:.  

For pure eighties nostalgia here's the Cure at Glastonbury the following summer.  They came on stage during a lightning storm over the site,  then the rain stopped, the lasers on the top of the pyramid stage started up and the moon came out.........:dj: 

Edit;  excellent news Crash.  Hopefully these guys can start work on my Mosquito next!

w00t.... that's such a brilliant song :) I love it...

The Cure made some great songs back then... (do they still do that?)

My favorite album of 'm is "Wild Mood Swings" ... and indeed, it goes from "Himmelhoch Jautzend" to "Zum Tode Betrübt"

Killing Joke... lol... is like... wow... :)  ... energy and power... Reqiem .... and oh so simple ! 

Though I'd really love to see a Mosquito in DCS... Oh the hours of fun on just starting it up  ... 

Thanks for Charlotte Arthur!

(Edit: and I do not feel any envy towards you being there back then, and not me... No way none at all ... )

Edited by FoolTrottel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum
On 6/22/2018 at 8:57 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Wow, here's one for Sid:salute:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-632657

They don't like doing things by halves, do they?

Thanks Arthur, just seen this!! Nice, very different from being permanently outside ?