DCS 50% Off Sale!

Gypsy

I now have (including the new stuff I bought today); Caucasus, Nevada and Normandy maps. P51, Spit, F5, F86. Also got a couple of campaigns for the 51 & Spit. Think I will start with learning the basics of the Spit first, then the F86, then the F5. There is only so much my mushy old brain can absorb so I think I am done with aircraft. The modern stuff would require more time that even I can give them. Plus I am not sure I have the brain power or reflexes. Carry on!

12 takeoff attempts, 3 takeoffs completed that looked like a drunken monkey. One training landing pattern, landed without breaking anything and then commenced to ground loop 4-5 times.. damn the Spit is "twitchy" compared to the 51. Got a lot of tweaking to do on controls and key bindings in my future with this warbird :-0 !

• Like 2

Yay me.. took off 5 times in a row in the Spitfire and only wobbled but didn't fall down... landings.. not so much success.. beautiful approaches with beautiful bounces, assorted wing tip polishing, flips and such.. managed to get down after about 10-11 attempts in one piece and only ground looped right at the end. Me thinks it is my airspeed as I need to adjust my glasses to see the indicator better, but it could be I am just putting on a show for the civilians on the base.. either way, progress. 

Fen - the stick pitch settings seem to be spot on for me, thanks for that.. I need to work on roll a bit...

My PC and the Normandy map don't seem to like each other much especially if I am near the coast on takeoff.  Stutters and solid lock-ups that I have to cntrl-alt-delete out of.. doesn't happen on the Caucasus or Nevada.. doesn't happen every time if I can get away from the coast quickly and I am not sure the coast is the culprit until I test some more... 

Fun and games and I am up to the challenge!!!

Carry on!

• Like 1

I've got 150+ hours in the P51 and I am halfway comfortable with it. I've got 10+ hrs in the Spit and I feel like I am trying to herd cats across a frozen pond ???! For every 10 flights in the Spit, I fly one in the 51 just to remind myself I can still "fly"... This too shall be overcome with practice. I've got a F86 and F5 waiting in the wings but I WILL beat the Spit in to submission before I touch them ?!

• Haha 1