Need a force feedback base for your WartHog?

Crash

Sim flying can get a bit silly. Still, awesome PC+ top of the range controllers+VR+motion platform is an awful lot cheaper than owning a plane and lets face it WHEN you mess up all you do is hit re-fly :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Not a stick but I'm seriously looking at treating myself to something like this;

What do I have to sell (other than my first born) to get one??

5 hours ago, Gypsy said:

What do I have to sell (other than my first born) to get one??

Welllllllll..........like I said, I'm going to treat myselfB),  so this unit will come in at $300US including delivery.  Mine will be slightly different in that I'm having this throttle handle fitted 

The guy who makes this stuff is called Vitaly and he's in the Ukraine.  He's been doing this for a while now and has established a solid reputation for quality and delivery.   Of course, being in the Ukraine means no PayPal or credit card payment - and the protections you get from them as a purchaser - so I'm going to be operating on trust and doing a credit transfer into his bank account.

Take a look at some of his other work;

https://www.youtube.com/user/GVL224/videos

and the thread on the BoS forums;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/23758-iron-mechanic-throttle-motor-control-axes/

FT's old Logitech G940 throttle unit has done sterling work for me for several years now and I really like having twin levers and lots of buttons but it's getting pretty spikey in its responses these days.  Three hundred bucks does not really seem that much if you consider the quality of these bespoke units compared with whats available in the way of mainstream products.

Also, I'm using a Microsoft FFB2 stick which is only twenty years old so I know I won't have to replace that until at least 2040:P, so I thought I'd blow some serious lolly on a throttle unit!

• Like 1

Actually ~300USD seems to be a really good price if it works (and I suspect it does) as good as it looks! Can't wait to hear/see your appraisal of this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...