DD_FT

DD_Kira

DD_Muscobe

DD_Papabear

DD_Sid

DD_Snacko

DD_T_O_A_D

DD_Wingflyer

If I have missed anyone from this please advise and I shall add you.

It is my belief that this represents a significant portion of the membership and as such is deserving of a dedicated DCS evening.

However, this should not substitue a regular evening for the existing sims so I have created a poll to see which other evening would be more agreeable. Please vote for the evening most convenient for you.

• Thanks 1

I really really MUST get set up for this, however I doubt if I could do more than an odd night now and then. I do have

FC3

A10C

P51

Fw190

Spit

and I am eligible for another WW2 plane and the Normandy map due to falling for Luthiers promise

I am also sort of interested in the F-14 and carrier stuff but as Homer Simpson said "when I learn some new stuff it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

• 1 month later...

Um..  "meow?"  (Kira would like to be added to that list).  Friday's probably best.  I can almost guarantee that Saturday won't work for me.  As an aside, and I know it's an unpopular one, I'm rather against props in DCS.  We already have two dedicated prop sims, and DCS really does do jets best.  Do we really want to force it as well into the props category?

• 1. DDz Quorum
15 hours ago, Kira said:

Um..  "meow?"  (Kira would like to be added to that list).  Friday's probably best.  I can almost guarantee that Saturday won't work for me.  As an aside, and I know it's an unpopular one, I'm rather against props in DCS.  We already have two dedicated prop sims, and DCS really does do jets best.  Do we really want to force it as well into the props category?

1946 has Jets! :sheepsmile:

CloD has mannable Guns

BoX has drivable Tanks.

Dedicated prop sims?

Well I now have the F86 and F5E.. but I have not flown either except for a quick Buzz around the Nevada map in the 86. While I agree somewhat with what Kira says, personally I doubt if I will go beyond those two jets unless the F4 makes an entrance (along with a Vietnam map). But hey, I'm easy..you put up a server and if I have it and there is an aircraft I can fly, I will be there: or not ?! I prefer the props cause they are like me; old and slow and take a lot of "handling" to work right ?????!

• 1. DDz Quorum
19 hours ago, Kira said:

Um..  "meow?"  (Kira would like to be added to that list).

Done! Sorry Kira. I did remember you as part of the thought process but just forgot to actually write your name!

19 hours ago, Kira said:

As an aside, and I know it's an unpopular one, I'm rather against props in DCS.  We already have two dedicated prop sims, and DCS really does do jets best.  Do we really want to force it as well into the props category?

Well in that case, if Friday is eventually established as a go, I'd suggest alternating focus of one week jets, next week props. That sound acceptable?

• Thanks 1

Adding my newbie voice to the chaos, I prefer CLoD by itself. As much as I am having fun messing with DCS, that old Hurricane calls to me (even if I have been missing a lot of Thursdays).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Well in that case, if Friday is eventually established as a go, I'd suggest alternating focus of one week jets, next week props. That sound acceptable?

Is it flying?  It's acceptable!  Really, that's just an "it'd be nice".  Currently, I'm getting more than enough jet time elsewhere, though, so don't hold back on my account, by any means.

On 7/11/2018 at 5:12 PM, DD_Sheriff said:

DD_Sheriff - now have DCS (Steam - Openbeta - P51 and Spit)

DCS Vanilla and DCS Openbeta. Spit only at this stage.

AND, finally can take off and land ... hehehe

I hear that Spitfire's quite the challenge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Gents, in light of the passed few weeks attendance and the fact that at last three Dogz who own DCS cannot partake on a Friday eve, I am moving DCS event night to Monday evenings commencing Monday 20th August.

Friday 17th will go ahead as normal for this weeks DCS fix.

We'll start with a multi-era dogfight map to satisfy all tastes and thereafter move to co-ops focussed alternately on jets/warbirds on  a bi-weekly basis.

• Like 2

Mondays, Fridays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Wednesdays....they are mostly all the same to me, but then again, I don't have a life to speak of anyway ?! You set it up and I will do my best to partake in the merriment!

• Like 1

Had a bit of a break through thanks to Sheriff's DCS link graphics tuning thread and my game is now running in that sweet spot 'twixt eye candy and playability:thumbsu:

'course, now I've got to re-map all the bloody controls to my new throttle unit..............:roadrage:

Oh yeah;  Sheriff's link to graphics thread on ED forums - very useful

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201600

• Like 1