Dumb Move

Gypsy

So I bought the Normandy map + WWII assets. Didn't pay attention to the disclaimer about it not being compatible with Steam. Figured (assumed) they just weren't on Steam. Nope, ya gotta have the standalone version of DCS to download and install. Well damn, I really should pay attention. So anyway I put in a question to support and while I am waiting for them to honor me with a response, I copied my P51 folder to another location and I am downloading the standalone version with hopes of putting my P51 folder where it needs to be it the standalone. Someone tell me I am wrong/right/maybe thinking.

Thanks as always.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Maybe your thinkin' is right... but maybe it's wrong...

In the end, you will probably not get your P51 running in the non-steam version, but that should not be a problem, just buy the Spitfire, and you'll never look back!

(Really just jokin' here ... wait for ED support to answer your question...)

• Like 1

Well after digging in the depths of the ED forums and jumping thru 1 or 200 hoops, I  got the 51 to work. Trying to launch the Normandy map now and it is sitting and spinning. Win some, wait on others.

FINALLY. I have never had to go thru so much crap for a game. Guess ED had a bunch of problems with Steam or people stealing their stuff. Shsesh. For a game.., but it's their money. I need to go back to work to get some rest from these games ???????!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kira said:

For all its really nice representation of the real thing, ED and DCS can be a real headache.  Sometimes not worth the time and/or money, it seems.

It is definitely a process that can wear on your nerves. For me, it's a love/hate relationship. Love the detail, hate the tedium (not to mention the costs of AC).

• Like 1

That's it in a nutshell.  You said it, exactly as I feel.  I can basically only justify the cost of the aircraft directly from the detail.  I've done research in the past, so I know the kind of time involved to come up with a polished final product.

• Like 1