Correcting pilot head position

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hurray!! I have spent ages trying all sorts of key mappings to correct the pilot's head position in the IL-2mod, 1942, all to no avail. It didn't matter what I did, I had obviously created a 'remove seat cushion' mod somewhere without knowing it as my view in the aircraft looking forward was like being von Smallhausen....I could not see over the top of the instrument panel cowl without standing up....not good for flying.

I looked online, obviously where I should have gone first weeks ago, and found out that each aircraft pilot or gunner head position has a .svc file (or a _t1.svc file for example for a turret position) in the folder here: IL2 Battle of Stalingrad/data/LuaScripts/snapviews. Closing the game, deleting this file for the relevant aircraft position from the 'snapview' folder and then restarting the game resets the pilot's head position to default, creates a new .svc file and hey presto, allows me more BoX joy because I can see what I'm doing now. Simples.

A much happier Sid. I don't feel so much like Sid Viscous now.....

Cheerzen 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...