RAM. Is it specific (server/personal)?

Kira

So I found a really good price on RAM, roughly half the going rate, but it says "16GB DDR3 1066MHz PC3L-8500R ECC Registered 15-13131-01 CL7 240pin 4Rx4 Cisco Server Memory Module"  Note the "Server Memory Module".  So, is this ONLY for servers, and not useable on personal PCs, or is this just intended for servers, and being 240 pin DDR3, it'll work just fine in any DDR3 motherboard?

UPDATE:  So, I got two sticks.  I'll have 32GB RAM within a week, hopefully.  Plus the 8 I have now.  40GB, here I come.  Talked with an old friend who agreed it was the deal I thought it was.

If anyone else is interested, here's the link: http://www.madepc.com/16GB-DDR3-1066MHz-PC3L-8500R-ECC-Registered-15-131-p/311018580-08.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fKupOyI2wIVk4zICh2CZwoKEAkYASABEgIqcvD_BwE

Soooo... about RAM.  Did I miss something with regards to a requirement to format it or something?  I pulled out my old 4GB, threw in one 16 into the exact slot, and the CPU wouldn't start.  Got a "long beep, two short beeps" from it, and nothing else.  Something tells me a BIOS update is in order to get it to recognize the new RAM...?

Update:  I'm an idiot.  Board does not accept anything over 8GB individual sticks.  It's not going to recognize any 16 GB stick, no matter who makes it.  Yay.