First Tuesday's Coop is in the BoX!

• 1. DDz Quorum

First Tuesday's Coop is in the BoX!

And it was a success... well, I'd like to call it that anyways... After I'd found out one should not try and organize coop missions in subfolders. Well, unless one does lots of editing.
It was nr. 234, generated from http://il2-expert.ru/en/Coop. Four the  people in.  Sid and Wingflyr in Mig3's and Crash and FT in IL2's. Set out to attack an airfield. We did. No icon on the map - oops - navigation was tricky, but not impossible. Killed stuff on the airfield, Wingflyr got 2x 109, Sid 1x. Unfortunately, the did not get to return home, both had Sauerkraut and Schnapps for dinner. They did keep the enemy away from us bombers just fine! I found my way home, landed. "You have landed" a message stated. Yeah, did not know that!

Then we even got a lost Crash home, after an initial misreading of the map and surroundings, the secondary attempt was good: Crash was some 50km in enemy territory, a 180 direction change brought him home in the end! External Views were of value there :)

Too bad three of the IL2 AI wingmen went missing in action. AA must've got them...

No technical issues or mishaps there. My views were a bit 'stuttery', fps was good, but still some micro stuttering when looking around. Have not heard any of the clients speak about stutters or warps or similar wotsnots ...

(Was a rather long one, I ran out of time hosting, Wingflyr took over with hosting a df map...)

Good show, I did enjoy that!

(And we did get Funflak to buy and download Stalingrad, I left TS before he got off the ground, but I bet assigning keys went just fine, and he's killed his share of 109's by now ... oh wait, I think on the DF they were flying for the Germans?)

• Thanks 1

Well damn, missed another one. But, we were out hunting for horse tack. When she sold her last horse, all her English tack went with the horse (Yes, she rides/rode English growing up on the East coast - Virginia - riding hunters and jumpers). So now she needs a new set but she is too damn short (4'11") for most pre built Western saddlery and custom stuff is way too rich for us. So, we are going Australian. So now that I have bored you with crap you didn't want to know, I hope to see ya Thursday ?!

• Like 1

Thanks for the help FT. The mission felt fantastic using VR and the views when we were flying out made it seem very real. I will be going for an eye test soon and when I get the results I will order a new set of lens as the view is a blurred as the real world looks

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
Just now, Crash said:

Was my TS too loud last night? I had to change the mike input to the rift and as when I am using the rift I cant see/adjust the TS levels.

No, it was not loud at all, the volume was fine, it just sounded as if:

A) Your headset volume was a tad too high, making you speak louder ;) 

B) You were simply very excited due to VR (and maybe other things that your Rift showed you that we could not see ;) )

C) Your VR Experience made you shout, as well, that's what you do when you're in the cockpit of an old warbird, sitting behind a V12 engine ...

Your mic volume was actually set too low, as when you'd been in a 1946 pit, we would have a hard time hearing you.

Must say, it was kinda weird to hear you speak that way, normally you sound so quiet and controlled, and docile ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good news;   coop I generated earlier using this  http://il2-expert.ru/en/Coop.

They've developed a mode with this generator that allows creation of coops where human players can now fly for either side instead of just against the A.I.

At last, a proper coop generator that any old fool - that'll be me - can use!!!:thumbsu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the mission last night Arthur.

I have just set up Voice attack to log me in to the servers when I want to join :) A lot easier than taking the Rift off and trying to see which key I am pressing without my glasses on.