Finally upgraded my PC!!

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

After tolerating a Phenom (I bought off Snacko ages ago) for way too long I stumbled into a bit of luck

My eldest (who works at same company as me and lives at home) took pity on his mum playing Sims on a non-gaming laptop, and dropped $800 on a new one for me.

This liberated the same amount for me from my bonus, and I now have a Ryzen 1800X in an Asus ROG (yeah really lol) Crosshair V1 board with 16GB DDR4.

Oh and my first SSD, a Samsung 960 Evo 256Gb.

Yet to get the RAM running as well as it could, who new RAM timings could run to 100s of settings! (I got GSkill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB which is not on the QVL for the board).

DCS is smooth, with my 4 year old 770GTX (perhaps I may get a 1070+ for my birthday) as is Assetto Corsa powered by my G920 Wheel setup (I was 'permitted to buy that out of my bonus last month to replace the one I sold to FruitBat LOL).

IL2 in all its flavours is silky smooth too, now to get practiced again so I can get online.

• Like 2

I feels good to let go of the old girl huh?

Mine old AMD died in January and it took till almost March to break down and order myself a new Mobo, CPU and Ram. I almost bought the same stuff you did, but ended up going Intel with a Gigabyte board.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

So that 770 of mine?

It made a loud popping noise Sunday night, and BSOD ensued on every boot (plus artifacts during boot).

4 years old...

Replaced with a 1080SC EVGA model, 8GB DDR5X RAM and boy, night and day!
So DCS is smooth, F15C at supersonic is so smooth... Shame about the $600 I had to drop to get back up and running ??

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Crazy prices indeed, near double currently.

but what choice do we have? Could have gone with an ATI equivalent but I have so little knowledge of them, as this will likely be my last GPU purchase for 6+ years it seemed a good investment..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...