Opinions please: CloD alternating with BoX on Thursdays?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's a thought: Could we start doing BoX sessions on Thursdays, alternating with CloD, could maybe decide at the last moment, whoever shows up and then vote?

Here's why I thought about this:

- Currently, CloD sessions are nice, but rather limited on the number of people joining 'm.

- Currently, BoX online servers are a bit... well, there are some downsides to them. 

The idea is to host Coops for Box. But we need some stuff/thingies for that:

- A host - who can? (I cannot currently, as I do not know how, but should not be too difficult)

- Good mix of Coop missions, as I understood, the best ones are very new, and made for the latest planesets ie. Kuban. So, some editing needs to be done :)

So, what do we think about this? Who can do what? And how? 

Won't be starting on short notice - just throwing it out here!

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

No Poll needed - just yet. This is an attempt for an open conversation, to share ideas and opinions... and options.

(Furthermore, in my opinion, we do not have the numbers to use the poll feature really, the value of a single vote click has so much influence on the outcome... but that's just me.)

Perhaps the best way forward would be to establish who is available on which evenings - or days - first?

Forget about which sim to fly at the moment.  Would it not be better to establish availability first?  For instance;  we can see that a Thursday night is not on for Sid and Crash.  Perhaps they - and everyone else - could post which days they are available.  Once we have that sort of information to hand we can work out when we do what to most peoples satisfaction?  

I would also suggest that Sunday evening remains OUT of the discussion.  Sunday evening still remains well supported and is obviously a good time for all those Dogz who enjoy IL2 1946 and should not be touched.

Personally, when it comes to flying this is fine for me as Sunday evening is one of the few nights I cannot go near my PC.  Can I just stress that it would be very useful if everyone could post this information - regardless of what they fly at the moment. 

So for myself; any evening - bar Sunday - is convenient.

• Thanks 2

I know I am the newbie here, but I am pretty much available anytime I am home. Barring doctor appointments, I am rarely out during the times (US CST VS BST) y'all would be gathering. I hedge that some in that I exercise daily except Sundays between 11am and 12 noon CST.

• 2. Administrators
No Poll needed - just yet. This is an attempt for an open conversation, to share ideas and opinions... and options.

(Furthermore, in my opinion, we do not have the numbers to use the poll feature really, the value of a single vote click has so much influence on the outcome... but that's just me.)

How about making Thursday the ‘official’ BoX night and move Clod to a more adhoc, if and when we fancy it position?

I agree about polls, they’re pointless for us.

Barring Sunday, I can be available most evenings, other commitments allowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are troublesome for me, unless we start really really early :) And I mean really ...

So, what if we try and box in Mondays for Bo.?

It looks to me that it'd be the 'best'? Seeing the replies here, it would fit all, apart from maybe Crash, as you have not ruled it out yet?

Just done a rough visual for the preferences, although still waiting for Artie Kira and Sweper to say what they would rather have. Nobody has said they cant make a Monday so far. Apologies for any omissions :) (Fruitbat and Fen) A possible 15 on a Monday?

BoX.JPG

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Dave,

BoX is fun but with only two nights (and maybe soon only one) to fly my focus will be on Sunday night Coops and CloD Thursday with some DCS thereafter. If I could join a BoX session on any other night it would be after 10pm. 

As such I don't believe my opinion should be weighted in this particulat straw poll.

Well, to make a short story a bit longer, I still have issues with my knees and my left rudder foot. Because of this, I am not very eager to fly IL-2 Coops on Sundays, BOX on Mondays and IL-2 Coops on Tuesdays. It is just too much for me. I would prefer Thursdays for BOX to get some space in between.

But.

Club cykling starts this Thursday (6:30 PM), the only day of the week we are all together.

Heck, I just can't let my vote be taken seriously. I let others decide :huh:

• 1. DDz Quorum

I can have no say in this either because I haven't made the effort to upgrade my machine to CLOD or BOX standards. 

I would still be delighted to see BOX  get a regular slot of some kind if for no other reason than to help prolong the life of the squad moving forward as they say : )

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, Crash said:

Here is an idea, due to the low turnout on Tuesday nights, and it has been this way for a long time, how about alternate 1946-BoX on Tuesdays?

I seem to remember this being a suggestion last year but I can't find the thread. If I remember correctly we decided that Official Dogz nights could be Sunday as a '46 night, Tuesday would eventually turn into BoX night when it became accepted by the Dogz and thursday would be CloD night. Other than those official ones peeps would do and join with eachother in whatever way they wanted.