A place to share coops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Looked into this. Looks like it's fine and fast for missions created by SYN_Vander. He's got the planes nicely grouped.

In other missions I have issues finding the plane I want to change... Like ID it, then change it. As they could be named 'Plane', or 'Blue Leader' or... whatever. Haven't found a function in the Editor where one can search and find on plane type.

Then there's the missions that were created in the generator (http://il2-expert.ru/en/Coop) and those I cannot even open in the mission editor, as the source file (.mission extension) appears to be missing...

So, this plane-change action may work, but I do not see me using it 'on the fly' - as in loading a Coop, seeing one type should be replaced, open the mission in the editor, quickly change it, save mission and host it... Too bad... oh well :) 

Vander's now made eight coops which gives us in effect a mini campaign.  If we change the single-seaters present to aircraft from the Battle of Stalingrad plane set we all get the chance to fly on the Kuban map.

At our present level of crash, burn and twenty seconds at take off this alone should give us around two months worth of coops without repeating anything!:P

Have you tried to alter any of TX_Tips coop missions FT?  They can be found here;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33301-tx_tips-dogfight-coops-and-teamplay/

As to missions from the generator;  these missions are being originally generated by the games campaign system which is for single player.  I'm pretty sure these can be saved and edited - I'll have a look around and see what I can find out about it.  I seem to recall something along the lines of these missions having to be saved or renamed in the editor first which gives them the .mission extension file which means they can then be reloaded into the mission editor and opened.

I think............

Doing all this stuff simply and on the fly like Oleg had it?  Those were the days.............................  

• Haha 1

OK, got the first four SYN_Vander coops converted to BoS aircraft and yeah, I see what you mean FT.  All laid out nice and neatly.  I've also converted some of TX_Tips missions and I've changed the date on one of them so it should run the summer map. 

Also changed the 'supporting' aircraft that appear later on in some of these missions.  These are flown by the a.i. only.   Fingers VERY crossed.:P

Wouldn't mind trying some of these out tomorrow night since it's a Bank holiday weekend over here.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick test.

dangerdogz coop 001.zip

'Kin 'ell, it works!! 

Luckily I'm "working from home" this arvo:P

@Crash; as requested - click on the link above and download into your coop file as per the instructions in my first post and you'll have a SYN_Vander Kuban map coop converted to Battle of Stalingrad planeset which means everyone can fly something:goodjob:.

I'll get more up this week and put them in the vault too.  I'll also try and do a tutorial on plane-swapping using the mission editor.

Also, anyone who just has Battle of Stalingrad;  I'm really curious if you can run this as a coop in your game.  You don't need to fiddle with port-forwarding - just see if you can create and launch this coop. 

Again, see the first post in this thread.

dangerdogz coop 002.zip

dangerdogz coop 003.zip

dangerdogz coop 004.zip

Ahhh....I did wonder if this happened.  OK, good news. 

I've also edited my post above to add a total of four Dangerdogz friendly coop missions.

I'll add some more soon and do that tutorial on the mission editor.

However,  luckily my middle son has reminded me - just in time - that today is my twentieth wedding anniversary..............

FOOK!!!!! 

I'd better get on that case now!:startle:

• Haha 1