A place to share coops

I thought I'd start this thread in an effort to see what we've all got between us in the way of BoX  coops so far.

I've been hosting these made by Tx_Tips

TipsCoOPs Pack One Updated.zip

TipsCoOPs Pack Two Updated.zip

These are fairly straightforward missions with er...brief briefings but some planes have an airstart option. TipsCoOPs Pack One Updated.zip

They contain Stalingrad and Moscow maps and plane sets.

I've also got these made by SYN_Vander which are in effect a mini campaign for the Kuban map.

SYN_Cooperative_Kuban_v4.zip

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30922-the-syndicate-corner/?page=3

With the exception of mission #4 they all contain at least one type of aircraft from the BoS planeset.  They also come with a full brief and mission map. 

The BoX coop system seems to work very well - once you've got your ports sorted.:shaunhb:.   I've made a video and posted it in the rough and ready guide about hosting coops but briefly; download these into

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative

start the game in online mode, click on multiplayer, select coops and then click on create server.  You should then see and be able to select these missions in your coop folder.   When you launch the mission you are actually putting a coop up but you will be able to fly these missions on your own. 

I wonder if this is a way for those Dogz who only have Battle of Stalingrad to have a play on the Kuban and Moscow maps at their leisure?  In theory this should work as the game is being launched in multiplayer mode where all maps are available?

What we really need to be able to do is edit these coops in the mission editor and replace the Kuban planes with Stalingrad planes so we can have as many Dogz participating as possible.  I know this is doable using the editor, I'm just a bit stumped as to how at present:o

Also; linky to section of the BoS forum where these - and others - are being posted 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/113-multiplayer-missions-co-op-and-dogfight/

Any other coops people have - especially those succesfully generated using the campaign system or PWCG - please don't hesitate to post them here:salute:   

• Thanks 1

Still no go with Vander's coops tonight.  Both WingFlyr and Perf were getting File Transfer error messages. 

I'll edit my post but I think they should be pulled from the vault too.

I've let Vander know.

Edit;

Remember, you can launch and play them as a single player in coop mode but other people will not be able to join you.

17 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

A bit off-topic, but is there any possibility already for a dedicated server? Rotating Coops? And if so, do we have a need for it? And if so, what would it take resource wise? CPU Ghz etc?

Technically, yes we could run a dedicated server at the moment but it would be a dogfight server only and there seem to be plenty of those up anyway.

At the moment the Dserver will not run coop missions.  By 'rotating coops' do you mean a server permanently up that hosts continuous coop missions?  If so this is not technically possible at the moment.

Like IL2 1946, IL2 BoX needs a host to run coops.

Could we put up a server that has a.i. aircraft running and aircraft available at airfields that can be flown by humans i.e; like our CLoD server?  Yes to this too BUT the amount of a.i. flying around would be drastically smaller than the amount that can be programmed into CLoD.   We'd need a dedicated box for this.

Here's link to JimTM's excellent manual on the ME and setting up the Dserver;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26303-il-2-sturmovik-mission-editor-and-multiplayer-server-manual/

Also, a link to the server commander software Coconut has developed for his server;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21264-release-sturmovik-server-control/

When it comes to coops BoX and IL2 1946's system of doing things seems pretty familiar and I think it's surprisingly easy to host coops on our own machines. 

It must be - I've been doing it and I'm a f#%*wit when it comes to this stuff.  Any of us who have the game can do this.  The important thing seems to be a decent internet connection. 

Do we have a need for this?   I think certainly yes - for us as a squad.

As we get more experienced with it we could host for the general community in a UbiZoo coops style too.

What we lack at the moment is content.

People are making dedicated coop missions now the game has this mode.  What they are tending to do though is make them for Battle of Kuban at the moment as it's the latest and greatest.  This isn't too much of a problem as all maps can be accessed in multiplayer.  We just simply need the ability to edit the planes to give us a set that everyone can fly - i.e, from the Battle of Stalingrad planeset.:shaunhb:

• 2. Administrators
3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

OK; Vander uploaded new missions which should work correctly now.

Links and uploads amended accordingly.:thumbsu: 

Jabo; can the files for this in the vault be deleted and replaced by these?

SYN_Cooperative_Kuban_v3.zip

Yes.

Oh, you want ME to do it?

well, I have anyway.;)

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

(...)  We just simply need the ability to edit the planes to give us a set that everyone can fly - i.e, from the Battle of Stalingrad planeset.:shaunhb:

Thanks for the info Arthur, so let's forget about a dedicated server for us for now... good!

Edit the mission, replace one type by another.... does not sound too difficult. :)

4 hours ago, Jabo said:

Oh, you want ME to do it?

I tried to do it myself but was unable (see below) and I thought you'd enjoy doing it:D

2 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Edit the mission, replace one type by another.... does not sound too difficult. :)

I did say I was a f#&*wit.:thumbsu:

We need to look in more depth around how to generate missions. I know it can be done.  I can do it with PWCG but you get one-sided missions.  There seems to be no ability to have human opposition as the enemy a.i. are spawned during the missions; therefore there are simply no enemy planes to be filled with breathers at the start of the mission.

Does that make sense?

I'd like to hear other peoples experience with mission generation. 

I came, I saw, I registered - justB) and it produced a coop for me which I put in the coop missions file in BoS and Hey Presto!  It freakin' works:thumbsu:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36002-cooperative-mission-generator/?tab=comments#comment-606355

Still no slots available for breathers to fly for the opposition but pretty simple to generate a coop with plenty of options.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought, can people who own BoS fly as a gunner in an A-20 Kuban mission? Yes its not as good, but if you can be a gunner for planes you dont own then that can help open up the planeset when hosting/building missions.

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Crash said:

Just a thought, can people who own BoS fly as a gunner in an A-20 Kuban mission? Yes its not as good, but if you can be a gunner for planes you dont own then that can help open up the planeset when hosting/building missions.

Limited test I did: Host a coop with a Ju52  (that one should have a gunner seat ?) but the a/c was locked entirely (I do not own it). There was no gunner position to jump into... Then again, I would not know how it works, so basically, this is a useless post! 

• 1. DDz Quorum

So, as I expect I will be doing some hosting, I folded, and bought Battle of Kuban... 

Thus, from now on, when I host - with Muds on - and there's a plane in there that you do not own, it's your problem, not mine.

I feel só much better now! :sheep1:

I thought we were sticking with battle of Stalingrad as our standard? Or is this not possible for hosts?

I have no plans to buy Kuban but will probably preorder bodenplatte soon .

So my question is that with everyone having different installs how does that work for us on coops ?

I'm not sure if it will be too much of a problem as everyone will be able to fly the maps.  We've just got to make sure we have at least some aircraft from the Battle of Stalingrad plane set available in each coop.

Also, I think there must now be at least ten dogz who have the whole series.  This actually gives us all more choice as there is less 'pressure' to jump in a BoS plane when others are available.

Uh-Oh, we're going to have to look in the mission editor now☢️