New Topic ?

Gypsy

Well T_O_A_D said I should start a "New topic" to introduce myself if I wanted to volunteer for service in DD. So here goes. Following the tried and true "copy & paste" method:

What brought you here to apply for membership of the DangerDogz Squadron?Please provide some details of how you came to know of us, and what is is about us that makes you want to become a member.

A: Whilst I enjoy busting around the virtual skies chasing bots (AI), occasional human contact (thirst for blood?) has me missing the tight knit comeradery....who am I kidding, I like to sling the bull as much as the next person. Having flown a few times with your USA contingent has proven interesting and enlightening. And if you must blame someone for introducing me to DD, it's all T_O_A_D`s fault.

Can you provide names of existing members who can vouch for you?Please provide name(s) of existing members who would be willing to vouch for you, not a requirement though!

A: T_O_A_D. I have met (On TS) AP, Perfesser, Spaulding and others my piss poor memory for names I have drawn a blank on.

Tell us a little about yourself, humour encouraged :D

A: I am 73y/o, retired USAF (24yrs), retired Federal court clerk (23yrs). Living and dying in TX (graveyard humor as I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in in 2016 - an incurable lung disease and given 3 to XX years to live..I refuse to fill in the XX, I just keep turning up my oxygen flow, yelling at the neighbor's cat, building Pcs, pre ordering things that may take years to come around, etc.). I have ridden motorcycles most of my life, on a 3 wheeler now, am a patch holder with a motorcycle club (Gypsy MC). In an earlier life, I was a flight sim instructor in Undergraduate  Pilot Training utilizing Link T-38 Sims. Taught instrument flying and navigation from 1964 to 1975. I could go on but the snoring is getting loud out there!

PS: I started in PC sims with the original IL2 in the 2004-5  (met T_O_A_D when we were both flying with TUSA) and "flew" until I retired in 2010 and went full time living in an RV for 4 years. Decided last year to build me a gaming PC (adult LEGO complexity), gotnhooked on YouTube vids of IL2 antics and the rest is (recent) history.

Do you have TeamSpeak 3?

A: Yes

What version of IL2 do you have?

A: BoS, BoM, BoK and preordered BoBp. 1946 HSFX (but rarely fly it now). BoB Blitz.

What other simulators or games do you enjoy?

A: DCS but only have the P51D as of now. Waiting on sales to get maps, F86 and F5

Do you like sheep?

A: With or without wool?

Guess that's about it unless y'all have more sensitive questions you would rather not put down in writing ?.

Thanks one and all! I will wear the DD tag with honour (did I just do that) and promise to only embarrass you on special occasions ?!

Since I am retired, I can be zooming around the virtual skies most any time of day...just not before 0900 CST as I don't properly function before at least two cups of coffee.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, later today, around 8 PM-ish BST, we will have the regular 1946HSFX session.

Not sure if you are still up to that version, but you could join in ... 

(If your IL2 1946 HSFX7 need some tuning, to get it 'compatible' with the group mod-wise, then you can have a look at this thread: Installing Hsfx 7 - The Easy Way )

15 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Well, later today, around 8 PM-ish BST, we will have the regular 1946HSFX session.

Not sure if you are still up to that version, but you could join in ... 

(If your IL2 1946 HSFX7 need some tuning, to get it 'compatible' with the group mod-wise, then you can have a look at this thread: Installing Hsfx 7 - The Easy Way )

I'll check my version (Got it from T_O_A_D awhile back) and see what I have. Thanks.

On Edit: Just checked and my version of 1946 is 4.12.2m HSFX7.0.3 so I guess I am up to date.

Downloaded file, ran the install and all seems to work.  Don't see the Lancaster tho. Still fumbling with keymapping. Too many variations of the same theme for my old mind to get wrapped around but I will figure it out (eventually)