Lancaster MkI 1/72 Revell

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum
Just now, DD_Arthur said:

Why aren't you working on your Swordfish?:o

(:D)

Edit;  thirty year old Revell kit?  Thats going to be as rough as old boots FT.  How much filler and sand paper have you got?

Plenty, I hope!

In the end, the idea is to picture it while on it's final mission towards Berlin ... in the very dark of a November night... so, well, you get the picture!

Hmm... yeah, I do have filler and sand paper plenty, and yeah, this is a challenge for sure! 

Dunno really why I am not working on the Swordfish... Started working on it just eight years ago, there's still plenty of time left, isn't there?

• Haha 3

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

I'd ditch the roundel set from that decal sheet that came with the set FT; looks 'orrible!

Eehhmmm thanks, but that's the one that I scanned, edited and have printed on a decal sheet myself, so with the ID markings I want! :o 

I guess I could use the ones that were delivered... on a side note, what looks so horrible about them? Mind you, picture was taken under some weird yellowish LED lamp... so colour wise, it will be a bit off :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excuse me whilst I remove the appendage terminating my leg from my cake-hole....

The B-type Roundels (just red & blue) look good, but the C-type (with white and yellow rings) appear ill-proportioned and the red - at least in the photo - doesn't appear to be centered correctly.

Apologies if I offended Arjen.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Just now, DD_Fenrir said:

Excuse me whilst I remove the appendage terminating my leg from my cake-hole....

The B-type Roundels (just red & blue) look good, but the C-type (with white and yellow rings) appear ill-proportioned and the red - at least in the photo - doesn't appear to be centered correctly.

Apologies if I offended Arjen.

Offended? No ways! :) Never Ever!

Apart from the lighting, there's also the angle in which the picture was taken vs the angle of the paper! And, iPhone 5 as camera, so all kinds of warping goes on :) 

Here's a (flatbed) scan of the original decal sheet... I think it shows where the problem comes from :)

2018-04-11-0002.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

The only good reason I had for getting me this one is that it was available in the shop I was visiting :) 

Surely, one get can anything on line, but being in the shop, seeing the box, touching it, holding it, pondering over it, whether to get it or not, negotiating with the shop owner, to get some discount... (got it for 20 Euro's, it was priced at 29,90) I mean ... you can't really beat that with  Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Safari's 'put in basket, checkout' now can you?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...