Oh The Joys of them Game Controllers !

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

So, yeah, for years I've had just two Game Controllers, the MS FFB2 (with twist of the stick removed, and converted into a brake lever) and my lunchbox-Bodnar-based-Controller.... very nice, did the job just fine. 

Sure, there was the controller ID swap, but by switching off Hibernation it was cool, and never happened again.

Well until I got a new Motherbord/Memory/CPU upgrade done.

So, oh well, only have to re-assign all the controls of the 4 (?) games once. That's do-able, no worries. And so, I did. Done. Let's have some fun!

Yeah, that worked fine until I started suffering from the FFB carping out every now and then while flying... And no real cause or fix for that. Besides maybe adding a power USB 2.0 hub. Yeah, try and buy one nowadays.That's a challenge, especially if you want it on a PCIx board. Oh well, found an old one at work. Nice! 7 ports on it!

So, yeah, all good and fine. Until - yeah. You probably guessed what happened: The ID's swapped - again! Darn!

I'm now going to switch hibernation on, and boot /shut down / shut up the thing until they have swapped again!! :):)

• 2. Administrators

For what it’s worth FT, I’m running all my (USB 2) controllers through a powered USB 3 hub plugged into a USB 3 socket on the mobo and it’s been pretty much trouble free since.

This is what I have;

Anker 4-Port Ultra-Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub with 10W Power Adapter / USB Wall Charger Included https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0192LVM86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4JeLAbM3GEGFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1. DDz Quorum

This is more to do with poor implementation of legacy USB 1.1 drivers in USB 3.0 equipped motherboards and am having similar issues FT - however, I've been trying when loading games to keep the stick as close to neutral as I can and keeping it that way through into mission loading and it seems to be helping... watch this space....

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

This is more to do with poor implementation of legacy USB 1.1 drivers in USB 3.0 equipped motherboards and am having similar issues FT - however, I've been trying when loading games to keep the stick as close to neutral as I can and keeping it that way through into mission loading and it seems to be helping... watch this space....

Interesting observation that... 

I've hooked up the USB 2.0 hub, and so far (4x 110 killed in a Hurricane in CloD, flew some P51 over the Ardennes, crashed a 190 into a Sherman tank - all with FFB in good order.... so, I'll keep reporting, besides spacing this watch ...