DCS Spitfire - Refining your technique

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello chaps and chapesses.

I'm making a series of DCS Spitfire videos to highlight some of the quirks, nuances and idiosynchrasies of operating the Spitfire in an effort to help operaters refine their technique and get the most out of the old girl.

In the first we look at one of the most fundamental control surfaces - the elevator.

Your feedback is most apperciated chums. Let me know if my efforts have been of any assistance.

• Like 1

That's much better Tom, i found it a lot softer around centre point which was a lot better for me on takeoff, managed a nice smooth climb out. Also the final adjustments for touch down were a lot smoother, did'nt upset it too much :salute:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice Tom

Unfortunately I still can't takeoff, let alone land with the silly thing.I find the 109 easier to handle on the ground. I used to be able to take off with it. That was several patches ago though.

Well, After using your user defined curves for both elevator and rudder, I can know at least takeoff in a reasonable straight line and sometimes even land without totally losing control. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, APHill said:

Well, After using your user defined curves for both elevator and rudder, I can know at least takeoff in a reasonable straight line and sometimes even land without totally losing control. Thanks for the help.

Tom has his rudder curves posted somewhere? I just set up the Pitch and it madea world of difference for take off an d landing for me.

• 3 months later...

Reviving an old topic. Tweaked on my control settings today, actually matched pitch, roll and rudder to Fen's original settings in this thread. I also put a little reverse curve in my throttle (don't ask how much, I forgot) to help me with torque control and poof, I made 4 landings without even a polished wingtip after yesterday morning's 5 out of 6 crashes on landing attempts. Of course, now that I put this in writing, I never land again and will be forced to bailout over the runway every time ?!

• Like 1