multi-sim control key and axis mapping

mosinut

I'm wondering if anyone has good examples of key and axis mapping for keeping things consistent between sims?

I've been working to get things set back up and was thinking there has to be a better way to get this done that won't break my brain.

Not even getting into the fact that I never seem to have enough buttons or levers. 

Best I can suggest is set up you main/favorite sim up and then make the other sims match as best you can. BoX will be a bit different due to having to make some controls that you might want on an axis that need to be put on buttons. Flaps and trims I am looking at you ;)

What is your stick ? Do you have throttle and rudders and track IR ? What games?

I can send you my x-52 setup if any use, I have it on a spreadsheet. As crash said tho I have slightly different between il2 46 and box as box does not support rotaries

Just now, delta7 said:

What is your stick ? Do you have throttle and rudders and track IR ? What games?

That would have been useful to include, eh?

Right now I have:

CH Fighterstick, CH rudder pedals.

Thrustmaster throttle.

TrackIR

Main sims would be il2 1946 and il2 BoX. I will probably give clod a try also.

I have a Microsoft FFB stick, Saitek X-45, X-52, and Ch pedals and trackIr. I base all my settings from IL2 Sturmovik 1946, but that was originally based of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, back in the 90's LOL

I have a Joystick Prog I started to mess with a year ago, then got overwelmed with it. Hoping to control them all with just one prog. http://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/

• Thanks 1

I have attatched my basic layout for Box in a spreadsheet below , you can see if that looks ok or you can tweak it to suit. This is for a x-52 so has 3 positions + shift giving 6 options. Mode 3 has not been set up as this is my bombing mode and Iv not got round to setting this up for BoX .

I am not familiar with ch software but have heard there are issues with it and you are best just programming the actions direct using game interface however this does not give you as many options as you will only have 1 mode.

for extra buttons you might want to try these               
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Replica-Force-Cougar-Flight/dp/B002HH9TRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515580167&sr=8-1&keywords=mfd+cougar+pack

I have things like nav lights,F1 F2 , chat, eject mapped to these

hope this helps

joystick.xlsx

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, T_O_A_D said:

I have a Joystick Prog I started to mess with a year ago, then got overwelmed with it. Hoping to control them all with just one prog. http://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/

That looks neat to mess with! In particular if you have a mixed fleet of controller vendors. I'm not sure if being able to script my controls using Python right now would help me any given my current Python skills :)

2 hours ago, delta7 said:
for extra buttons you might want to try these               
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Replica-Force-Cougar-Flight/dp/B002HH9TRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515580167&sr=8-1&keywords=mfd+cougar+pack

I have things like nav lights,F1 F2 , chat, eject mapped to these

Awesome, I had forgot those existed. Of course Amazon US is out of stock right now.

Thanks for the example spreadsheet!