help with controllers please- is windows 10 an option

delta7

reason Im asking is Im still getting random problems with BoS and my controller X-52. It worked fine when I updated the drivers but now has again started having random freezes when I use the mode switch.

Once it happens the plane goes to autopilot and all the inputs are mucked up e.g hat 1 movement fires guns but not mapped to that in any way in game or profile, I have to restart game to cure it

other random view problems happen sometimes when Im closing in for kill and using hat 1 to zoom into sight with view locking into strange position, again in no way mapped in control section of game, in fact Iv deleted all the snap and padlock views from control section.

I  cant replicate issues in game by joystick actions/button pushes to see if it is a joystick problem , its totally random  

Everything works fine in other games and in game controllers and when I test the joystick in the profiller but something is happening in game.

I cant use joytokey now as it only recognises two joysticks 1 and 2 and I have 4 with the new touchpads taking over 1 and 2;  ch rudders 3 and joystick 4 and of course I cant find an  easy way to reassign these in windows 7 

so Im thinking of updating to windows 10 from windows 7 if thats a possible solution,

whats your experiences with windows 10 , is it ok? or will it cause more issues or  am I barking up wrong tree

its really driving me mad as game is unplayable just now as I cant cure these issues with controls

• 2. Administrators

I have had major issues with Windows 10 but my controls now stay plugged in all the time via a powered USB 3 hub and (crosses fingers) the reassignment problems seem to have gone. I'm not using anything other than the Windows 10 software to control the following; a Sidewinder 2 FFB stick, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, a CH Quadrant and my own Frankenjabo box o'switches

The Saitek software has not been updated in a long time (I think) and was not fully compatible with Windows 7 let alone Windows 10. I still use my x52 for Elite albeit very infrequently but I'm just using the in-game assignments not the software.

If it's not working in Windows 7 Dave, I doubt that a move to Windows 10 is going to fix it. Could be wrong though...

ok , Iv found out some problems with profile I had set up , it had copied in some bindings from one mode to the next on trigger 2 and this was playing havoc, Iv gone over all my settings in game and in profile, sorted any conflicts( game doesnt like some shift functions)  and it seems to be ok now,

@jabo saitek have been taken over by logitek who have released drivers , see here   http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x52-space-flight-simulator-controller/downloads

I will test next week and see if I have found the source

thanks again for input guys, appreciate it 

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators
49 minutes ago, delta7 said:

@jabo saitek have been taken over by logitek who have released drivers , see here   http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x52-space-flight-simulator-controller/downloads

That is very good news indeed - I have a lot of time for Logitech.

I'll download that and take a look.