IL-2 GBS Resources

Hi Arthur - bought my 1st PC to play Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1,  2nd PC moved to Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3  & joined Mission Operations Group. MOG than moved into IL2 Sturmovik 1946, 3rd PC with release of IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, MOG started its slow demise & I've lost touch with the guys I flew all those years with. I now fly mainly Cliffs of Dover, on your great server & have IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad {not happy with non clickable cockpit}. With a recent PC upgrade I'm looking into DCS WWII, it seems to be the best bet for VR. Would love a chance to get back into coop!  Let me know ~S~ MOG Screwball

Combat Flight 1.jpg

Combat Flight 3.jpg

IL2 1946.jpg

IL2 CloD.jpg

IL2 BoS.jpg

DCS WWII.jpg

Hi Crash - Great Battles needs some kind of clickable cockpit to get me to buy more add-ons although the graphics are top notch. I dl'ed DCS & got up to speed on the TF 51D what a great flight simulator, this seems to be the future for VR, take a bit of time to accumulate dew to individual module price. 

• 2. Administrators

You're very welcome to join the gang here Screwball. You'll find things are pretty...erm...casual, so don't expect too much (i.e. anything) in the way of ranks, grades etc. Just don't go bothering someone else's sheep.

Currently our flying schedule looks like this;

Mon - IL-2 46

Tue - GBS

Wed -  CloD

Thur - DCS

Sun - GBS

People are usually on from about 8pm CET (officially) but I know that the Canadian and US Dogz meet up at other times more suited to their timezones as well. Bear in mind that for IL-2 46 and CloD that you might find people online then - it's getting a bit hit-and-miss with those as pilot numbers are falling. These days are under review as well so things may change in the future.

I'll PM you the details for our teamspeak server so you can pop along and say hi!

~S~ mate

Jabo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vander's mission generator now on version 27 (!) with improvements to mission logic; ie the chance of running into Delta, Thor and their G14's has been improved and also a new map mod for the Bodenplatte map available here;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/58069-mod-rheinland-texture-mod-wip/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

x56 rhino, as my old x52 stick had given up the ghost, despite only ever being used as a button bay.

Now i have a shiny new throttle, with more buttons than i can think of what to map a dcs f16 controls to, along with the joystick for even more buttons, as a button bay.

Still using one of my two Msffb2 for the actual stick, the other safely tucked away!!!!

Just have to remap il2 and all my DCS modules......

• 2. Administrators
6 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

:o

Telll me about it!!!!

So far, done the f16.

Il2 is next up, then Dcs spitfire, mustang, f18, f14, sabre and huey to go......

Then some time way down the road, clod and elite dangerous!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WZFFW18zSU0ip5QIZQbmuChM5Tw_5u-sqDCEKO5kWk0/edit?usp=sharing

Lads, Help ...... I must be Daft I cant figure out how to get the BOS setting on the spreadsheet.

Probably something stupidly simple.