IL-2 GBS Resources

1 hour ago, FoolTrottel said:

It is a good idea.

And quite doable as well, if only we had a fine GB mission builder in our midst!

True... I do remember flying one evening (my time) on a DF map created by a DD member..just don't remember who. TOAD was there so I will ask him.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We might soon be able to do campaign coops :) quote from Pat Wilson

That is in development right now.  PWCG currently supports coop with one squadron.  Unfortunately PWCG is a desktop application, so users other than the host have no UI.  They can only fly the missions.

First step (in progress) is to create a web based code that the host can run.  Players in the campaign will be able to access the servers on the hosts machine and interact with it to see the campaign in a view that will replicate the information available in the PWCG desktop app.

After that comes the more challenging part: extending PWCG coop capability such that any number of players can play for any side.  In 5.0 PWCG added the ability to handle ore than one human player, so that is already out there.  That concept has to be extended to human players in any squadron.  Some of the uses are obvious: a continuous campaign being played by multiple users.  It is not MMO - participation will be controlled by the host.  But once this is in place a group of fliers will be able to play either side.  Squads can use PWCG for online wars.  I'm sure that there will be any number of uses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The release order is as follows for vehicles, maps are harder to judge, but I won't put dates on any of them yet because they often change.

Me-262 and Fw-190 D-9 are slated to come together.

P-51D

B-25 (AI)

Tempest Mk.V

P-38J

Plus 8 more tanks in 2019

M4A2, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, T-34 model of 1943, PzKpfw III Ausf.M to come together.

SU-122, PzKpfw V Ausf.D, SU-152, Sd. Kfz. 184 to come together. 

GAZ-MM + 72K Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 (Collector Vehicles) to come together after tanks done. 

Plus 6 more WWI kites in 2019

Fokker D.VII and D.VIIF and Sopwith Dolphin

Albatros D.Va and S.E.5a

Brisfit and Halberstadt CL.II and CL.IIau

Plus 3 maps. Likely in this order, but this could change.

Prokhorovka Map

Bodenplatte Map

Arras Map

Plus...

Bodenplatte Career

Bodenplatte Scripted Campaign

Another Payware Scripted Campaign or two from 3rd Parties

Tank Crew Scripted Campaigns

American and British Radio Calls

Air/Field Marshal Feature

Object Viewer

New MP Lobby  (Fingers crossed, this one won't be easy) 
PWCG Online Co-Op Campaign (Go chew on Pat about this) 

and hopefully many other tweaks and fixes etc. as we go along.

Lots and lots of stuff to come in 2019.

P.S. all this was announced in the beginning as part of our overall plan, but I've tried to give you some context. The order of the planeset releases is determined by what is possible when, no other reason. Planes can be restricted by the MP server operators if people complain. 

Jason

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42521-when-the-p51-will-be-available/?do=findComment&comment=720883

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FT;  I still don't understand how to make all the planes available.  Vander says it's done in the config file which I do understand. I open it and paste in the planes description he added?  When I do I still don't get a list of all the planes to select in the generator drop down boxes.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong but.......

Any ideas?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just tried it, added the D9 to the stalingrad map with this edit:

[Stalingrad]
fighters_allied = {"La-5 Series 8": "la5s8", "P-39L-1": "p39l1", "P-40E-1": "p40e1", "LaGG-3 Series 29": "lagg3s29", "Yak-1 Series 69": "yak1s69", "MiG-3 Series 24": "mig3s24"}
fighters_axis = {"Fw 190 D-9": "fw190d9", "Bf 109 E-7": "bf109e7", "Bf 109 F-2": "bf109f2", "Bf 109 F-4": "bf109f4", "Bf 109 G-2": "bf109g2", "Fw 190 A-3": "fw190a3", "MC.202 Series VIII": "mc202s8"}
bombers_allied = {"A-20B": "a20b", "Pe-2 Series 87": "pe2s87", "IL-2 AM-38 (42)": "il2m42"}
bombers_axis = {"He 111 H-6": "he111h6", "Ju 87 D-3": "ju87d3", "Ju 88 A-4": "ju88a4"}
attackers_allied = {"IL-2 AM-38 (42)": "il2m42", "P-39L-1": "p39l1", "P-40E-1": "p40e1", "LaGG-3 Series 29": "lagg3s29"}
attackers_axis = {"Ju 87 D-3": "ju87d3", "Hs 129 B-2": "hs129b2", "Bf 110 E-2": "bf110e2", "Fw 190 A-3": "fw190a3"}
targets_low = {"airfield": 1,"artillery": 1, "armor": 1, "garrison": 1 }
targets_high = {"train": 2, "ammo dump": 2, "bridge": 2, "fuel dump": 2}
lines = {"01": "09", "02": "09", "03": "09", "04": "09", "05": "09", "06": "09", "07": "09", "08": "09", "09": "09", "10": "10", "11": "11", "12": "11"}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe we can give this a go when its released

PWCG 6 has been in the works for about 8 months now.  This is a significant rewrite of a 100K plus line code base, so it takes time.  However it's getting there.  Hope the alpha for coop can be released in a month or two.

PWCG 6 will allow many participants in any squadron flying for any side.  It is coop and not MP.  Access is controlled by a host who will run the campaign.  The missions will be PWCG missions in a PWCG campaign, just with lots of humans flying on all sides. 

This format accomplishes several things. 

• Players will be known and hopefully trusted by the host. 
  • Players will have an incentive to fly as real pilots did. 
    • Lose your virtual life and you start over as a new pilot.  
  • You can have multiple personas in the campaign.
    • Choose to fly fighters one mission and dive bombers the next.
    • Have something to do if your main pilot is wounded and cannot fly for some time.
  • Great for squads that want to conduct a war.
  • Great for a like minded group of players who want to fly missions in a larger framework.
  • If you want pure coop (not human vs human) you can still have it at any level you want - everybody in the same squadron or flyers in different squadrons on the same side.
  • If you want to fly against your friends then you can do that as well.

As far as I am aware nothing like this has ever been done before (I could be wrong).  Flight simmers have had MP for dueling with humans and single player for campaigns, but never campaigns with lots of players.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys - wanted to know if all your flight games are through Steam & can I get the password to join your T/S?

Thx ~S~    MOG Screwball

P.S. I remember flying many a great coop in IL2 1946

Hello Screwball and welcome to the DangerDogz forum:)

We don't fly any of the sims we use through Steam.  We have our own servers for DCS, GBS and CLoD. 

Of course, you have to have Steam installed to run CLoD but as a group we don't really use Steam for anything. 

We are essentially a coop based squad still and meet on several evenings GMT throughout the week.  We fly GBS on Sunday and Tuesday evenings at the moment.

We have several Canadian members.  Infact we have active members across North America, the UK, Europe and Australia.

I'm sure we'd be very pleased to welcome an old hand from '46 who'd like to fly with us so please feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself.:salute: