Mission Building Collaboration?

It has been great having the Devil Dogs flying with the WingWalkers on Tuesday nights.  I am the CO and the mission builder for the squad.  WWSittingDuck is also a mission builder.  I have been "tweeking" Vanderstock's COOP missions and would welcome some collaboration with the DD Mission Builder's for future events.  Let me know who you are and I will keep you in the loop and share missions as I tweek them. 

So for the focus has been on not investing too much time ( we all have real lives!).... but turning one sided COOP missions into open server dogfight missions by adding an open enemy base.  We are trying to encourage visitors to join in and fly with us or against us. 

With DD folks attending we usually have 6 or 7 flyers, so with the DD  numbers have been sitting around 15 plus people so it has been good fun.

Salute!

WWGeezer

www.wingwalkers.org

As you might have gathered, the squad hasnt done much with BoX yet (Captn Jack & crew excepted,oh and Arthur ;) ) However I am sure that once we are up to speed a couple of us will want to get involved with your project.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Have built plenty of missions for 1946, some for CloD.

None for BoX though. Have read about the ME, have opened it once.

I just need to get the hang of it... maybe, if my brain can handle that :)

So, please do share missions.

(I'd like to see some very simple ones. With lots of explanation ... :):) )

Some easy pointers maybe, the relevant stuff? (Like I've read one should not rename any mission files... or be very careful in doing that)...

6 hours ago, Crash said:

oh and Arthur ;)) 

:P

The mission editor?  I can take someone else's mission,  open it in the editor, change the time of day, the weather and sometimes even some planes.........and thats it:salute:

One thing worrying me about a switch to BoX is that FT will get lumbered with the mission building or - knowing what a star he is - he'll take it on anyway.  The mission editor is basically a Dev development tool from RoF days reluctantly provided by the Devs due to popular demand - mostly by people who'll never use it.

If FT takes it on will it cut into his bridge building time or will it accelerate it as he goes gently bonkers from opening the mission editor, changing something, closing the mission editor, firing up the game, closing the game, opening the mission editor, closing the mission editor,   opening the game,  ad nauseum.....?

Forget about mission building a la' IL2 1946 and CLoD.....completely.

Some very useful links and discussions can be found here;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/92-mission-making-and-mission-editor/

'Ere, isn't it about time we flew this thing again if we're going to make a brave new world?     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Arthur: Lol. The things you mention there, yeah, I've had those thoughts as well...

(But, could I maybe circumvent the start ME, close ME, fire up Game, Close Game, start ME - Cycle by using two computers, where they be sharing the same missions folder? )

(Yeah, you can tell, that even thinking about mission building in BoX makes me lose it all togehterrWWER12edqwfllkwlker !!!qsklkleq$2245624###)

:happy11:b   ====     b klk   :shaunhb: