online servers

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ha ha, I can so relate to take offs like that Arthur ! I hope to enjoy such moments as much as you do when I eventually get up and running with a new PC and Box installed . In the mean time, here is a selection from my new spring range that might interest you .... ????????????

• 2. Administrators
On 13/01/2018 at 1:24 AM, FoolTrottel said:

I bet we can  set up  a 'server'. But, who's gonna configure it so there's a mission running, and a next one rotating / starting?

Currently, we do not have that knowledge in house... I do not even know whether one can configure 'short icons'... or long ones ... :unsure: :icon_study:

I'm tentatively researching some stuff, although mainly with the idea for co-op missions.

Really waiting for 3.0 to drop, i'm hoping it will be possible to rip missions from the new single player mission stuff, and convert them into the new co-op mode.

And of course to then tweak settings etc as to the dogz requirements.

• Like 2

Check out some of this stuff Kev;

http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcgbos/web/PWCGBoS.php

Pat A. Wilsons campaign generator.  Pat originally developed this thing for Rise of Flight where it generates better missions than the official campaign.  It's flexible and has plenty of scaleability. 

RoF has a coop mode.  Pat's campaign generator can produce coop missions which - with some tweaking - can be flown in RoF.  BoS is about to get what will initially be the coop mode from RoF.  The big hope is that Pat's campaign generator will be able to do the same for BoS.

It's also possible now to convert Pat's missions - which are single missions within the game - to multiplayer missions using the Mission Editor (gulp:wacko:).  in fact here's what your mate Manu has to say;

Also;  along the same theme;  check this out

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/34682-rof-single-player-coop-converter-pwcg-compatible/

Download links still work:salute:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I can actually launch the game online without those silly authentication errors I've had a dabble on multiplayer. I jumped on to a purely dogfight air-start server yesterday after CloD to get a feel for it.

My first impressions: 

1. I need to adapt to BoS, it's another different beast from CloD and DCS for sure.
2. Teamwork! I had my arse handed to me five times in a row, with only a few hits on the enemy, even in an La-5 I was outclassed on my own. 
3. I think I need to hone my set up, controls still feel too sharp and i'm finding it difficult to achieve a decent gun solution.
4. Track IR - it feels sluggish in BoS and looking up in particular is a problem, does anyone else have any tips here, or a profile I can use? Currently using my IL2 profile (which is different to my DCS one).

It certainly has potential, but I really need to spend some time on my setup I think to really start enjoying it.

Twice I had to belly land and I had a grin on my face as I slid along the ground, kicking up dirt, wings bending, grass flapping against the leading edges and the canopy slamming open and shut. Very immersive, even in defeat! :P

• Like 1

This is the profile I use for trackir

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14128-johnhardtacks-custom-trackir-5-bos-profile/?hl=trackir+profile#entry456564

Works a treat for me and this is Requiem's popular profile

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3625-air-combat-tutorials-tir-profile-30-january-2018/

Lone-wolfing in BoS multiplayer is certainly demanding.  Next week is half-term (:P) so I'm up for any evening.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What to do on a rainy Bank holiday Monday?  How about some BoX coops?:thumbsu:

With thanks to Jabo and Fruitbat for confirming my ports are open and apologies to FT for the casual slander at the 6 minute mark!

Later on in the day we managed a further session involving Sid,  AP and Wingflyr - who are both a long way over the other side of the pond from me - a pretty good stress test.   It all seems to run pretty smoothly.   At 10 minutes in we get a server message about multiplayer overload.  I think I've traced the problem - at this time I'm hosting the coop, running teamspeak and uploading the above video to YouTube.  In the next room my youngest son is involved with his mates in some Xbox shoot 'em up whilst also Facetiming one of his brothers on his phone and my wife is in the kitchen watching BBC iplayer on a laptop.

All through one router:o 

Hopefully Fruitbat has got hosting up and running too.B)