Sign in to follow this  
SkyPup

Coming back to the kennel!

Fellow mutts,

I haven't flown with the Dogz in about 2 years but will be returning to the fold soon.  I was about to hop in here with a bunch of questions, but found
most of them already answered in Fenrir's "We need to talk" thread.

My absence hasn't been due to lack of interest. I'm just too interested in too many things....hobbies, around-the-house projects, family obligations. And
earning a living. That's about to change, though. I retire at the end of the year, so Mrs Pup and I can annoy each other full time, something we have plenty
of experience in. And I can spend more time flying imaginary airplanes. 

I'd been wondering about the viability of "1946", but from Fenrir's thread, it's still the favored game. That's fine with me. I don't think I'll ever tire of
this sim, with it's vast content.  I've played around (off line) with Rise of Flight, and really enjoy it.  I also fly BoS and DCS (mostly for the UH-1
Huey), but my ancient PC is having trouble with both BoS and DCS. If 1946 is succeeded by BoS and its siblings, I'll have to build a new machine.

So I'm considering a new gaming PC for next year.  Can you guys give any hardware recommendations?  The new generation of chips look nice, but can flight
sims use the power of these zillion-core CPUs?  I'm thinking maybe a quad core i-5 CPU, but concerned with the longevity of the LGA 1151 platform.  As I'll
be on a fixed income, I need to stay within a reasonable budget. 

What is the current mod/patch for 1946?  Are the Dogz still on TeamSqueek?

Thanks,

Pup

• Like 2

Hello big guy!  Long time no see:salute:

Teamspeak - you should be able to read this link;

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/12202-teamspeak-passwords/

A new rig?  Don't know too much about the latest and greatest tech out there atm but all the more modern flight sims benefit from a quad core - nothing is gained by a six or eight core.  Something capable of running around 4Ghz would be good too.

Hmmm.....sounds like an i-5 to me:).

Nice to see you here again SkyPup:thumbsu:   

Howdy Pup!

Sounds like my life short the Retirement, I got another decade or so to go :-(

Howdy Pup, good to see you here again.

The requirements for BoS are rather more modest than DCS, so if you’re looking for a new rig I would suggest starting there. For the record, my rig uses an i5-2500k, 12GB RAM and a GTX980Ti and both DCS and BoX run flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be splendid to fly with you again SkyPup, retirement is great but busier than you might think !

Thanks, all.  I'm patched up to IL2 FB 4.12.2, HSFX 7.0.2 Expert.  Is this current?

I'm planning to fly with the Dogz sometime in January.  

2 hours ago, SkyPup said:

Thanks, all.  I'm patched up to IL2 FB 4.12.2, HSFX 7.0.2 Expert.  Is this current?

I'm planning to fly with the Dogz sometime in January.  

Nearly current. We are on HSFX 7.03 at the moment.

Two ways to upgrade: Download and apply the patch here: link (7.0 to 7.03)

Or run ChkMods. Link to download

Welcome back!

No luck with that, FT.  The patch hangs up at 30% installed, and ChkMods hangs at 88%.  So I've got something seriously messed up.  

It hangs when I'm running the patch or ChkMods.  I'll send a screenshot later....

P

Got things sorted out with ChkMods.  Can someone give me the current server addresses?  Do we still have the open dogfight server?

Thanks.

We do not have a 1946 DF server running 24/7 any more.

But, I just fired it back up for you:  df.dangerdogz.com is the address.

Just connected to it, it is up... (Got some horrible FPS, but that might just be me...)