help required

ok Im having big problems with inputs

I have a Saitek X-52 running in windows 7 pro

joystick is set up to match inputx on the saitek software not in game

The joystick works fine in windows and il246 HSFX and when I do the test joystick in profiler however there are problems when in BOX

1)  when I change modes e.g from 2 to 1 all kinds of shit happens, e.g the autopilot comes on by itself and the pinky shift on the joystick doesnt work right and then I lose all my bindings when I go back to mode 2 even the keyboard wont work

2) sometimes when I go to external view F2  then back to internal F1 I loose all controls including keyboard

3) I cant get man prop pitch to work , I can switch from auto to manual but then neither  keyboard nor binding buttons or a hat will work  I have it mapped to LSHIFT+ -   and LSHIFT+=

4) it doesnt seem to understand difference between keys and shift keys ????

another problem is that the launcher wont close properly and sometimes hangs- any ideas folks ???????????

• 2. Administrators

1) I'm guessing the game doesn't understand about what it's getting from the joystick when you change modes. As far as I understand it the software was never updated to work correctly with Win 7. I map everything in game these days and don't use any external software since I upgraded to Win 7 from XP.

2) Weird - No idea, sorry. Have you looked over on the BoS forums?

3) See 2

4) Works OK for me when mapping a shifted key in game - are you trying to do this in game?

I've also had the launcher hang problem but I just kill it with the Task Manager.

Map everything through the game only.  Not sure about external software.  I've never used it.   I suspect problem 2 is due to this.   

Prop pitch is the called Propellor RPM control in the engine settings column.  You can assign it to keyboard strokes or a lever. It's possible you've mapped it to keys that are already in use for something else? If you've got a multiple assignment you'll have two orange boxes showing.   You don't need to set anything for manual or auto prop-pitch control.  The LW fighters have auto prop-pitch.  Although you can set it to manual there is simply no point as it will just make it easier to blow an engine.  There is no performance advantage to be gained.

All the Russian and allied stuff have a CSU so you'll need to set the Propellor RPM control.  There is no auto option for these.

Launcher hanging?  I don't use it.  Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\

In here you'll find four items marked with a red star.  You want the one marked with a red star with IL2 next to it.  It's an application file.  Make a shortcut to it and put this on your desktop and you should be able to launch the game from there.

Keep the launcher for updating the game only.

ok , Iv never just assigned buttons in game sooooooooooooooo

I can assign a button and when it takes it it says JOY1_b2 which is fine but how do you use the shift modes and the 1.2.3 modes nothing makes any difference it just lists JOY1_b2

the pinky shift is button 6 in the windows game controllers so when I use this + A surely it should read 

6+ JOY1_b2  ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and Iv no idea how modes would be differentiated

Iv put the game keys back to default and mapped the joystick in the game and all ok, no crashes or freezing. pinky shift and modes dont work so iv ordered thrustmaster MDC panels to cover all the buttons ill need.

Ill spend the next couple of days mapping everything when the panels arrive

thnks for support

Dave

• Like 1

Just a note to say that joytokey appears to work well in testing, will try in game later

I create a profile and can assign keyboard presses  ( including shift and crtl) to buttons.

I create a second profile and can map different keyboard actions to the buttons

I  can then assign a change profile key to the pinky lever which then swops to the diffferent profile

so I have 2 times the number of buttons on joystick and throttle

I should be able to get most of the important keys on joystick and the auxillary on the new panels.

well thats the theory, Ill let you know the practice later

• Like 1