Cliffs Of Dover Blitz Edition Discussion Thread

This is what I get with 4.5.

Used to be a solid 55-60fps in version 4.3 and I'm pretty sure the scenery did not pop up like it does now.  New scenery looks better but theres still a whole lotta' shakin' going on with trees and their shadows and plenty of general stuttering all over.

Been rather disappointed by this patch. 

Performance is so so,  force feedback is still terrible and the a.i. still barrel roll into the attack whilst sounds, visual effects and netcode seem to have taken a step back.   

Looking forward to what Boand DCS bring in around the end of January a great deal now.:mellow:

Nevermind I figured it out.

The Conf.ini was corrupt somehow. I renamed it and let the game build a new on, and now I have 58-60 fps in Blitz on said track.

I thought possibly I drug the one from Clod Mod over and broke it so I did just that and it runs fine with that one too.

I looked at the text lines and they look the same short

EpilepsyFilter=1

[game]
mirror=0

But even if I add those it still has no effect on FPS.

So who knows.

If your suffering from said complant give it a try.

I made a track for testing if ya want it.

Dover Radar.trk

And incase you want to try it, here is the

half fps corrupt conf.ini

• Like 1

After some fiddling I'm starting to understand whats going on now.  Applied Reshade to my game this morning to give it some life and vibrancy and checked some graphic settings.

This is Blitz running on everything high or max as I can in version 4.3; 

It's also choppy, stuttery, etc.  Not good.

By disabling extended clouds,  distant static shadows and lowering tree quantity to medium I get this;  

Much more like it:thumbsu:.  Note that mirrors on my system cost 10fps too.  It's also MUCH less choppy.  Perhaps the smoothest CLoD has ever been for me.

Now if only they could do something for force feedback,  the A.I.,  the GUI,   etc, etc.  B) 

• 1. DDz Quorum

What if you switch off Vsync in Game?

I did that, FPS got unlocked from 60 and are much higher... whether or not choppy? I do not know, have not looked to much at the scenery, all the time looking at the map for icons, or the sky for dots... Some scenery was seen chasing low flying a/c but the focus was never on it... 

Vsync off?  Tried it,  frames do go up but I find the screen tearing I get too distracting. 

I'm happy with what I've got now.  Game is smooth and looks pretty good with Reshade and these re-worked maps.

Now they just need to fix....well, a whole host of stuff  and develop and release more content and have a full time other job:o   

• Like 1

WTH? DOVER CLIFFS SHOW GOING WEST IN THE MIROR lol

Dam caps!

Here is my Conf.ini atm

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
  DepthBits  =32
  StencilBits=16
  DrawIfNotFocused=0
  SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D11
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60
posLeft=0
posTop=0
StereoMode=0

[NET]
  speed=25000
  localPort=27015
  serverName=DD_Flophouse
  serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
  VAC=1
  maxPlayers=16
  socksEnable=0
  socksHost=
  socksPort=1080
  socksUser=
  socksPwd=
host=
port=27015
localHost=
SkinDownload=1

[Console]
  IP=20001
  UseStartLog=1
  WRAP=1
  PAUSE=1
  HISTORY=1024
  HISTORYCMD=1024
  PAGE=20
  LOG=0
  LOGTIME=0
  LOAD=console.cmd
  SAVE=console.cmd
  LOGFILE=log.txt
  LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=15
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=3
VisibilityDistance=64
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=3
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=4
MeshStatics=1
MeshStaticsDetail=2
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1
TexFlags.SSAO=0
TexFlags.VSync=1
ExtendedClouds=0
StaticsShadows=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=1
ObjectVolume=3
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=0
vgMaster=2
vgVoice=15
vgMusic=1

[game]
mapPadX=0.02708333
mapPadY=0.09351852
mapPadDX=0.434375
mapPadDY=0.6
mirror=0

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Spent some time yesterday checking Artie's Pc... Even using TeamViewer.

It shows the little steam popup box that the game is launching. That then disappears, the mouse cursor show the busy state ... then nothing.

Tried so many things, and none worked.  Verify files, renamed the 1C softclub/cliffs of dover blitz folder (starting the game did re-create the folder and contents though.) In the event viewer an application error showed up with a reference to Visuall C++ Runtime... Even un-installed and re-installed all Visual re-distributables.
In the end, as Artie typed inthe chat bar, he did change some  settings in Steam. But it's unknown which one.

There is that 'Beta' option that should be set to 'Opt out' - if not set at that, the game might not launch - read that over at the Atag forums somewhere. Well, initially we checked that, it was set correctly...

It's running now, so... All is well again!

Edit: Link to topic at Atag: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28130

Edited by FoolTrottel
Link added to ATAG forums

i went into Steam settings ( top left corner of the main page ) and clicked off the beta option and few other items and it fired up after that ..go figure 

thanks again FT for your knowledge and patience :) 

• Like 1

Dave 

i went into the steam settings in the main page 

top left corner and shut off a few things , bets testing  etc and it worked after that 

I have no idea which one was the ticket but t worked .. 

• 2 months later...

Hy everibody. I just joined this site  with the hope to solve a problem, I Nomally play in Dangerdoz on  CloD Blitz (because I can see the icons of the planes My monitor is anly 23").

The isue is bomb loads on german planes.

1. I am referring to the bomb  SC250, type 1, bodyJ  with fuze C50(25) , 14 " delay whic I use to hunt ships.

2 - Until a week ago (early May) the above bomb could be loaded on either Me 110s and Me 109E/Bs.

3 - With my surprise  yesterady I could not carry the above bomb with the 109. But, most important,  is that with the same type of bomb loaded (as in para 1) on my 109, looking fram outside (Dangerdogz, F2), there werw four smaller bombs(50 Kg?) under the fuselage.  However IO used them to attack a ship obtaining only....a feather of smoke!

What's wrong? Please advise. Thanks for the help.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello ilario,

That's all a bit strange... specifically that it changed since about a week ago.

Can't think of a change that was made to the server then, that could cause these issues.

Now I've tried to re-produce your error, and I did see 'strange' things, but that could be because at the first try I did not really pay attention to what button I was clicking, and when.

However, if follow this procedure, I always get the bomb load out I requested:

- Click the flag at the top (and make sure to 'leave your current aircraft)

- Click base (I picked Pihen Fighter)

- Select the 109 E-3/B (click on 'Plane' button if the type was already there in preview)

- Click on Load out, and under Weapon Sets select 'ETC-500 IXb Bomb Rack + GP Bomb, SC 250, Type 1, Body Type J' and under 'Bombs' select the proper type and set the fuse and delay.

- Click OK, OK and then Create.

After Create, there's no way to change the load out, you will have to hit the flag first, and 'leave your aircraft'...

Should this not be of help, then please report the exact base you spawn in, and what buttons you press and selections you make, step-by-step. Only then I can try and reproduce the issue - if it's there - and maybe either find a fix, or report it as a bug.

One other thing you could try should the above procedure not work for you: Open the file user.ini in Notepad, then browse down to the section named [Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B], and remove all lines below it, until the next section starts (a line marked with [ ). Repeat this for the other types you have a load out issue with. (First make a backup copy of the file, in case something goes wrong) 

Good luck!

On 5/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, FoolTrottel said:

Hello ilario,

That's all a bit strange... specifically that it changed since about a week ago.

Can't think of a change that was made to the server then, that could cause these issues.

Now I've tried to re-produce your error, and I did see 'strange' things, but that could be because at the first try I did not really pay attention to what button I was clicking, and when.

However, if follow this procedure, I always get the bomb load out I requested:

- Click the flag at the top (and make sure to 'leave your current aircraft)

- Click base (I picked Pihen Fighter)

- Select the 109 E-3/B (click on 'Plane' button if the type was already there in preview)

- Click on Load out, and under Weapon Sets select 'ETC-500 IXb Bomb Rack + GP Bomb, SC 250, Type 1, Body Type J' and under 'Bombs' select the proper type and set the fuse and delay.

- Click OK, OK and then Create.

After Create, there's no way to change the load out, you will have to hit the flag first, and 'leave your aircraft'...

Should this not be of help, then please report the exact base you spawn in, and what buttons you press and selections you make, step-by-step. Only then I can try and reproduce the issue - if it's there - and maybe either find a fix, or report it as a bug.

One other thing you could try should the above procedure not work for you: Open the file user.ini in Notepad, then browse down to the section named [Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B], and remove all lines below it, until the next section starts (a line marked with [ ). Repeat this for the other types you have a load out issue with. (First make a backup copy of the file, in case something goes wrong) 

Good luck!

Thankyou for being so quick and precise. (I wish I would also the big shots of Logitech would be the same!).  Following the procedure you suggested, checked in different bases , and on 109 E3/B no problems either with your procedure and with mine ( I use to select straight the SC 250 etc).  The problem instead continues to occur (it was not like that10 days ago) with 109 E4/B By no way I can load the SC250 with both procedures. The result is always 4 smaller bombs.

Thank you for being so quick and precise.  ( I wish I would also the big professors of Logitech would be the same).

Following the procedure you suggested-step by step- and cecked in 3 different bases, no problems on 109E3/B either with your procedure and mine (I use to select straight the SC 250 etc.).  The problem, instead, continues  (is was not like that 10 days ago) on 109 E4/B.  By no mean I can load the SC 250  with both procedures: the result is always 4 smaller bombs.

So far I did not enter the  user.ini. I do prefer waiting for your reply to this note.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, I tried, and on my system it works: I can get a 250 bomb on the 109E-4B just fine, on several bases - though I did not try them all.

So, now please try and edit user.ini file, and look for these lines:

[Aircraft.Bf-109E-4B]
  belt _Gun00 Gun.MG17 MainBelt 0 0 0 0 2 5 5 5 5
  detonator Bomb.SC-250_Type1_J 2 -1 14
  weapons 1 1 3
  regiment BoB_LW_KuFlGr_706

Remove the two middle lines (so detonator and weapons)  save the file and please retry. Make sure the game is closed first though.

If that still does not fix it, then please specify the name of the base(s) you've tried. 

(I did change the availability of aircraft types on several bases last weekend, adding some of the 'newer' types, but I cannot imagine having this weird an effect - I may be wrong there... ) 

Thanks a lot again.

Yesterday I tryed again to solve the problem, according to your advices, unfortunately without success. So ,I wrote  you the last note. I closed then the PC and I went for dinner. Later on I decided to ply for a while and.......everything was working perfectly, as before!! Hopefully the problem is solved. Please do not ask me  how and why.  It is working with both procedures.

However, if I can take advantage  of your kindness, I would like to clarify a couple of points.

1- why , most of the times there are no icons of the enemy MANNED planes, and they are showing up only when they are filling me up with bullets!  I can undertsnd the IA crates.....

2- Is Team Speak really working in DD?. Each time I'm joining I call for a radio check  but , so far, I never got a reply.

Thanks again for tour support and patience. Regards.

Ilario.