DD_Fenrir

We need to talk...

Yes and no. I spent a bit of time setting it up and then ran into problems with the headset loosing the HDMI connection. I got on to Amazon and they said return it and we will give a refund :) It gets better, the refund is £399.99 and a replacement will cost £350 :):) AND they are giving me a £10 compo. I am picking up the replacement from PC World tomorrow and it comes with a 2 year guarantee so I am £60 better off and have hopefully 2 years of trouble free simming

Well after some faffing about I tried a flight in BoS. It was a bit blurry due to the lens not fitting properly in the Rift but WOW :) The P-40 cockpit feels quite a tight fit and the sensation of height makes it feel very real.  It might take some time for me to adjust the seating position on all the aircraft and get the controls/VoiceAttack settings up and running but it will be well worth it. The lens inserts I got are from VR labs and I cant seem to get them positioned right. I have ordered some extra padding for the Rift and hopefully things should improve as the image sharpens up a bit if I move the headset away from my face and it will give some room for my glasses if needed.

• Like 1

I want to see a picture of you wearing it Crash:D 

I was going to ask why, but ,well lets not go there

• Haha 1

I want to see if you look like Jacques CousteauB) 

12 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I want to see if you look like Jacques CousteauB) 

That would not be good... I think it was back in 1989 when I was close - within icon range - to the Notre Dame in Paris, during J's funeral services? Oh dear. That's ... close to 30 years!

For me the order would be 1946, DCS, BoX, CLOD.  I haven't flown the new CLOD but a few minutes; 87 to be exact.   46 is still "where it's at" for me, at least in theory, especially when doing the aforementioned Dogz "thing" of just knocking about and spending time with friends of similar interests.  DCS is great - but - as mentioned, the time requirement to learn a specific system (aircraft) is outrageous; yet that's exactly what makes DCS DCS.  It does a great job at it, but it also has some major issues along the "this aircraft is a beta" line for YEARS on end.  Almost like they don't want to own up to the fact that they've accepted money for an unfinished product.  But they wouldn't do that, now would they?  It's as close as you'll ever get to the real thing without the real thing, though.  BoX is okay, but I'm not huge into the Russian stuff, and while it might get better with the pending release of some U.S. and British stuff, I'm still not 100% convinced.   At least, unlike CLOD, you've got some varied scenery to mess with.

As for what's best for the group, as much as I hate to admit it, I'd agree BoX is your best bet for a long term outlook.