event feedback

delta7

Id appreciate your feedback on the mission fundimentals for future planning , here are some subheadings you may like to consider

icons ok or not

minimap ok off or prefer white plane

time too long/ too short

map ok to keep as secret or prefer to see before to help plan

teams ok to draw on night or prefer longer time to meet to  discuss and plan

targets - ok or not enough

brief , mayby wasnt clear enough or would you prefer more details

any other issues

Please remember that its the first one Iv really put together so happy for positive feedback to help with other ideas I have 

My aim is to have these challenging but fun,

S

Delta

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

A battle along the lines of Midway springs to mind for this type of event Dave. Two carriers on each side, attack and defence. Navigation skills and teamwork required. Carrier landing practice anyone ? Lol

Maybe two hours duration ? F4U s can carry enough ordinance to do the job if the carriers are moving fast enough for a "heavy" take off.

More time for team briefing might help because we is the Dogz innit.....

• 2. Administrators

My preferences would be for short icons and white plane on minimap, especially if mission is over sea. Immersion is fine but an inability to at least find the target and then find home is annoying. Use of beacons perhaps are a solution if the white plane is too easy.

Teams to be drawn on the night - people often cannot make a firm commitment.

Could use separate rooms on the forum for more detailed briefings, recce reports etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~S~

Here are my suggestions (based on events we held here at DDz when BG was alive and SEOW experience(s) :

- mision duration -one hour.

- all pilots in TS at 20.00 for teaming up (15 min.), server up at 20.15 then 15min. for planning,

- closing door and start 20.30

- just one restart if anyone crashes at T/O or has PC issues but no later than 5mins from start - in this case hosting server will restart

- map size - the same

- Jabo's idea good - self plane as white icon on the map - this enables Painless carrier map suggestion . We want to fight not make eye wrinkles navigating , eh?

How about different airplanes for sides , with reasonable similar performances. After one hour swap places and have another go. Final score merging the results?

Anyway great job , thank you gentlemen !

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just had a slightly radical idea about mission format.....

Each side has a home base defended by AAA, each side has an enemy ground target defended by AAA.

You MUST land at home base to secure any points you have from ground kills but here is the difference.... ground targets will NOT have air cover, however you may try and stop enemy aircraft from landing and securing their points if you wish. A plane is safe once it's wheels are on the ground so a quick landing is essential. Might make for some excitement !

This will make a strategy decision necessary whether to just do a ground attack and land ASAP or whether to do a ground attack and then proceed to the enemy home base for an intercept and risk loosing your acquired  ground attack points through air to air attack or AAA.

You could also choose to send a fighter or two to hang around the enemy air base to intercept but they would not score any ground attack points of course.

Ground attack will still require some skilled teamwork because of the AAA.

What do you think ?

I enjoyed the mission. Even though I lost Sid and Painless on the first strike I did find my way to the target, get hits and made my way back home. I think the biggest issue is the number of pilots required to make it work well. I like the idea of a carrier battle but the damage modeling makes taking out a carrier very difficult. It was deck/hanger fires that got the Japanese at Midway hours after the attack. If the target was cargo ships then you could use historic plane sets as the Val can only use small bombs.