Flying Legends 2018

Jabo

FRIENDLY ADVANCED-TICKET-ONLY REMINDER

Remember folks, tickets should be purchased online no later than midnight Friday 13th of July for the Saturday show and midnight Saturday 14th for the Sunday show.
Don’t forget to select and print your FREE vehicle permit when ordering tickets for Flying Legends 2018.

:salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum
18 minutes ago, BluBear said:

Remember folks, tickets should be purchased online no later than midnight Friday 13th of July for the Saturday show and midnight Saturday 14th for the Sunday show.
Don’t forget to select and print your FREE vehicle permit when ordering tickets for Flying Legends 2018.

Oh Carp, looks like I missed the boat!  :sheepsmile:

• 2. Administrators
59 minutes ago, BluBear said:

We have this discussion a lot at work - when IS 'Midnight Friday'? I maintain (because I am correct) that midnight Friday is tonight (ie Thusday night/Friday morning) at midnight but lots of people seem think that it's on Friday night/Saturday morning. I wonder which this is...

On 7/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, BluBear said:

Also, there's a certain early war Italian fighter being unwrapped and assembled, now looking largely complete!

MM6976  Fiat CR42

I wonder if it'll fly in time for Legends?!

Now that would be something to see...

I found some information about CR.42 on an airplane forum I am a member of.

"Had it not been for parts picked from worn out J 11's this would not have been possible. This Fiat CR42 carries the English registration G-CBLS and the production number is 920. That airplane was delivered to the Swedish Air Force in May 1941, then became J 11 with FV No. 2542. Used by F 9 and arrived already April 13 the following year lost at an accident at TÃ¥rdnatjako in Lapland."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweper said:

I found some information about CR.42 on an airplane forum I am a member of.

"Had it not been for parts picked from worn out J 11's this would not have been possible. This Fiat CR42 carries the English registration G-CBLS and the production number is 920. That airplane was delivered to the Swedish Air Force in May 1941, then became J 11 with FV No. 2542. Used by F 9 and arrived already April 13 the following year lost at an accident at TÃ¥rdnatjako in Lapland."

That's how I understood it Swep. So really this should be called a J11 and in Swedish markings perhaps... wouldn't get as many bookings as that though unfortunately. Like the Buchon, none in Spanish markings yet... 

• 1. DDz Quorum

It was great to meet up with the guys again, had a great day, planes, sunshine and great banter, what more can a man ask for.....even had a pretty singer blowing me a kiss and lusting after me and not Sid standing dirctly behine me in her line of sight...it was me honest...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BluBear said:

That's how I understood it Swep. So really this should be called a J11 and in Swedish markings perhaps... wouldn't get as many bookings as that though unfortunately. Like the Buchon, none in Spanish markings yet... 

Rather. Frankly, I would rather have the Italian color scheme (of any kind) than a grayish green camouflage of J11.

• Like 1