Flying Legends 2018

Jabo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Thanks for the update Chris.

Something which definitely WON'T be there this year is nonetheless making some nice progress now...Believed to be in H2 at DX (final assembly?)

attachment.php?attachmentid=261054&stc=1

Photo taken 12/06/2018 (credit to BeaufighterVI on the Key forums)

And Berlin Express has a new lid! (and as I type has possibly already been flown by Mr Romain)

• Like 1

Looks great doesn't it? Can't wait to see that with a Glad, Spit 1, Hurri 1, Emil and Blennie.

I understand Berlin Express did indeed fly yesterday. Whoop!

EDIT: Berlin Express has just been withdrawn from the line-up ?

Edited by BluBear
News
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lancaster added to the list (Sunday only) and just now the latest Buchon from the Air Leasing stable at Sywell putting it up to a schwarm of 109 wannabes!

Most Buchons airworthy in UK skies since the filming of Battle of Britain movie, four of which I believe starred in the film, two of which are currently in their film colours.

Fantastic stuff.

• 1. DDz Quorum
10 hours ago, Jabo said:

Twin room available at usual Holiday Inn! £189.16 for two nights. Anyone interested?

That's a hundred quid less than the one I got for two nights.....

• 2. Administrators
21 hours ago, Sid said:

You not coming?

Ha, you don't get away with it that easily mate, yeah, I'll be there but I'm sharing with Crash and we both had rooms booked so I don't need this one.

• 2. Administrators

Oh my. Yes please!

Last time I saw this was back in 2000ish when it was just set of fuselage frames - looking brilliant now!

I'm told it's in the same markings as it had the day it force-landed in the UK in 1940?

I reckon a 3-ship formation with that, the Blennie and the Gladiator.

1 hour ago, Jabo said:

Oh my. Yes please!

Last time I saw this was back in 2000ish when it was just set of fuselage frames - looking brilliant now!

I'm told it's in the same markings as it had the day it force-landed in the UK in 1940?

I reckon a 3-ship formation with that, the Blennie and the Gladiator.

I see it is down as static only as the restoration is not yet complete, but that's ok. It'll be a pleasure to see it up close in Hangar 2. When was the last time a CR.42 flew I wonder?

Yes, next year a BofB set piece please, Mk1 Spits and Hurris, the Biggin Hill 109E, Gladiators, Blenheim and CR.42... Imagine that!

• 2. Administrators
1 hour ago, BluBear said:

Yes, next year a BofB set piece please, Mk1 Spits and Hurris, the Biggin Hill 109E, Gladiators, Blenheim and CR.42... Imagine that!

Save that for Legends 2020! Incidentally, assuming we're spared, next year will be my 20th Legends in succession! Perhaps I should consider giving it a miss....

Given that a certain football match might be happening between two certain teams on Sunday it's probably a good thing that Monsieur Chabbert isn't there. "Football is a lot like flying..."

1 hour ago, Jabo said:

Save that for Legends 2020! Incidentally, assuming we're spared, next year will be my 20th Legends in succession! Perhaps I should consider giving it a miss....

Given that a certain football match might be happening between two certain teams on Sunday it's probably a good thing that Monsieur Chabbert isn't there. "Football is a lot like flying..."

Not really interested in France Vs Croatia, especially when there are aeroplanes to see ?

Incidentally I see they are putting up a screen in the conservation hangar in case anyone would rather watch that, for some reason... (I am to a certain degree pulling legs here, naturally)

Good going with the attendance record old bean, 2020 will be my 18th, having only missed the fateful 2003 show since 2001.
Many many happy memories over the years and long may it continue!

++++

NEWS! 15th Spitfire just added to the line-up (another Griffon whoop)!

That makes:

3x Mk.I 
4x Mk.V
3x Tr.IX
1x Mk.IX
1x Mk.XI
1x Mk.XVI
1x Mk.XIV
1x Mk.XVIII

• Like 2