Flying Legends 2018

Jabo

• 4 weeks later...

looks like I'll be there with good part of my family too :D

My son Ivan with hes girlfriend, my youngest sister with hears husband, hes parents, my wife and me. Looks like we r conquering Duxford ;)

looking forward :occasion14:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

I really wanted to just book a spare bed at that hotel, just in case I'd be there, you know, to have the option. And for sure not pay a thing in advance, so only if and should I show up, I'd have a bed and a bill... They would not have anything of it... weird now, is it not? I mean, they should offer the option, there's definitely a demand for it... :shaunhb::shaunhb:

• 1. DDz Quorum
21 hours ago, BluBear said:

Hello chaps, it appears Cherry Hinton is now fully booked for the Legends weekend, which is what I thought might happen...

Who has booked that has a spare bed? :P

You could always do a Fruitbat and just kip on the floor in mine and Painless's room...the hotel won't be any the wiser 

• 2. Administrators
I really wanted to just book a spare bed at that hotel, just in case I'd be there, you know, to have the option. And for sure not pay a thing in advance, so only if and should I show up, I'd have a bed and a bill... They would not have anything of it... weird now, is it not? I mean, they should offer the option, there's definitely a demand for it... default_shaun_headband.pngdefault_shaun_headband.png

I have that option at the usual hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sidly old bean! That sure could be an option... memories of Normandy and escaping the dutch freight train :D

I think we'd prefer to be closer to Cherry Hinton if possible, so we're all in the same vicinity, so will look at campsites near there.

I know I should have just taken your advice Nick ( & FT) and booked at the variable rate from the start, truth is I just clean forgot and it only entered my mind again last weekend when asking Tom about his plans for Legends. It's also the Girlfriend's 40th this year and to be honest, planning for that (also in the summer) has been utilising the few brain cells I allocate to such tasks!

Worst case, we'll just kip in the car, Fen and I have done that before haha :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from Key Forums...

Here is a further selection of photos taken by Steve Coe (links shared on Facebook). Of course when the forward engine cowlings are on, those too will be covered in the red checkers like the cowl flaps.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131051975@N03/40824473835
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131051975@N03/40824470285
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131051975@N03/41723448591
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131051975@N03/41723446521

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Another type Richard Grace is checked out on? That guy is turning into a regular Winkle.

Looking forward to seeing that bird in the metal. Legends hopefully especially given Mr Grace’s connections with TFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well dont all feint but as I will have been on a work staff day in Warwick the day before I have just purchased a ticket for the Saturday. I will not be staying over just coming to the show to catch up with you guys.

Hopefully be able to get on line soon (life a mess at the moment)

Cheers

Friar

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

It flies!

P-47 'Nellie' (G-THUN) about to touchdown after a test sortie from her Duxford home (At least I think it's Duxford - don't remember all those trees though).

image.png

This is going to freakin' AWESOME (as long as they open the taps a bit and not just have her stooging around with Sally B!)

(Not my photo - it's in focus - Credit to Duxman over at the Historic Aviation forum)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jabo said:

It flies!

P-47 'Nellie' (G-THUN) about to touchdown after a test sortie from her Duxford home (At least I think it's Duxford - don't remember all those trees though).

This is going to freakin' AWESOME (as long as they open the taps a bit and not just have her stooging around with Sally B!)

(Not my photo - it's in focus - Credit to Duxman over at the Historic Aviation forum)

I think she looks smashing mate, love the new scheme!
I believe she test flew from Sywell where she was shipped in, assembled and repainted by Grace's team.

Nellie has since taken up residence at Duxford after a flying visit to Lakenheath for a photoshoot with the current serving Squadron of F-15s.

See here: http://www.thetfordandbrandontimes.co.uk/news/second-world-war-era-fighter-planes-visit-us-air-force-base-in-suffolk-1-5509249

• 2. Administrators

Interesting article - I am rather envious of Richard Grace's toybox, even if Air Leasing is the operator rather than the owner of the aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...