Flying Legends 2017 Debrief Thread

• 2. Administrators
7 minutes ago, BluBear said:

Yeah I reckon she's gonna be out of action for a good while mate, but it's not as if there's a shortage of Mustang spares.

True enough

• 2. Administrators

Yeah,I did wonder about the U/C as it looked from one of the pictures like it wasn't locked down. Maybe just banged up when she hit the ground - might have contributed to the aircraft remaining upright, Any news on who was flying her?

• 2. Administrators
Great pics Nick! These are some of your best yet, going to grab one for desktop background methinks :salute:
No news on who was Velma pilot as yet.

Thanks Chris, if you let me know which one you fancy and what resolution your monitor runs at, I'll gladly run one off the original at the correct dimensions and without the watermark for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I heard the pilot was Mark Levy, gear was retracted deliberately and early assessment is the aircraft is quite repairable.

Was a very frightening sight as it unfolded because from my vantage point it looked like he was going into the Airspace hangar.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bongodriver said:

I heard the pilot was Mark Levy, gear was retracted deliberately and early assessment is the aircraft is quite repairable.

Was a very frightening sight as it unfolded because from my vantage point it looked like he was going into the Airspace hangar.

Bloody quick thinking from that man, all in a matter of seconds.

Tom and I were at the AirSpace end and saw it all unfold, from our viewpoint I thought he'd come down on the M11.

Glad to hear she's repairable.

Looks like he's one of the Yakovlev team:

http://www.yakovlevs.com/the-team/pilots-and-crew/

Edited by BluBear
pilot profile
  • Like 2

• 2. Administrators

The more I see of it the more I realise how well the pilot did to avoid onlookers and minimise damage to the aircraft

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jabo said:

The more I see of it the more I realise how well the pilot did to avoid onlookers and minimise damage to the aircraft

There are some words from the pilot himself here:

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104671&p=1546040#p1546040