Photobucket has changed it's Terms Of Service

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Photobucket has changed it's Terms Of Service - They've sent me an email suggesting me to go for a plan that would cost like $400 a year.

Yeah.  No thanks.

So, I've deleted my account there - well, I've tried to anyways... lol

In the end, some of my threads will now have lost their images. Not all, just some. Luckily, most of the pictures I usedI put 'Mission and event announcements'  I used the forums here to save the pictures to. 

So, just a heads up - no Panic :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

One of the really nice things about our forum software, and having a dedicated server, is we don't need third party image hosting.

In fact images hosted on our own server are likely to be served more quickly too!

With the gallery feature you can also link to images when posting elsewhere, and even in emails.

Tapatalk posted images however are hosted on Tapatalk, I may look at a mod that fixes that - parses the urls, copies images locally, and replaces them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've used Flickr since 2005. They changed their policy some years ago so I become a paying member for $25/year unlimited storage. I don't know how the free account works but think one gets pretty much storage anyway.

dogz3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...